Store URLs not displaying correctly

lefrog

Hi all

I have installed a CC5 a few times over the last year without any issues, but I have just completed a new install using the latest version and am having issues with the store URL's not displaying correctly. I've actually created the website on another domain I own temporarily (www.feltbrooches.co.uk), whilst I start to migrate over from v4 and create a new category structure, images, etc. 

Randomly sometimes the homepage displays correctly, but all other links show the full file path (minus the www.) - eg. http://feltbrooches.co.uk/websites/123reg/LinuxPackage24/fe/lt/br/feltbrooches.co.uk/public_html/privacy-policy.html

Can anyone give me some pointers please? Would it be easier to try another clean install? 

CubeCart 5 does a really good job of figuring out where it is by using data made available from the web server in the $_SERVER array. So, if a customer arrives at this store using feltbrooches.co.uk, then the web server will say that this (without the www) is the store's location. If there is a 301 redirect in the .htaccess file telling the browser to try again using www.feltbrooches.co.uk, then eventually the web server says that this (with the www) is the store's location.

And almost everywhere this instant value is used - except in the "Shop by Category" box. This list is compiled and cached, so that even if the store's address should change, the cached version will be shown - with the wrong store web address.

Eventually the cache will expire, or in admin, Maintenance, one can clear the cache.

Many thanks for your reply and explanation - that makes sense now!  :)

Does this also explain the absolute URL path being displayed in the address bar? eg feltbrooches.co.uk/websites/123reg/LinuxPackage24/fe/lt/br/feltbrooches.co.uk/public_html/test-product.html?

I've never seen this happen before in any of my CC installs. 

That is definitely a weird one.

Please look in the file /includes/global.inc.php and make sure that the variables $glob['storeURL'] and $glob['path'] are correct. They should actually be not there at all.

I just visited your site and the links look like what they are supposed to look like.

Uh, but then I brought up the View Product page and all the links went wonky.

But the links seems to work:

Both
http://www.feltbrooches.co.uk/skins/kurouto/styles/blue/layout.css
and
http://www.feltbrooches.co.uk/websites/123reg/LinuxPackage24/fe/lt/br/feltbrooches.co.uk/public_html/skins/kurouto/styles/blue/layout.css

actually works. So, I would think the web server is misconfigured somehow.

Yup. Definitely a strange one! 

I did check the /global.inc.php file but all seems to be correct. Think I'll contact my hosting support team and ask them to check the server configuration before trying a clean install. 

Thanks for your assistance :)