VAT wrong when discount used...?

Jonzero

Hi, hoping someone may be able to help with this.....

I have created unique coupon codes that give customers a % discount on goods (but NOT on postage/shipping), but on running a couple of test coupons before going "live" with them, I've discovered that for UK and EU sales, the store is not calculating the VAT correctly when a discount code is used. Updating the basket after entering the discount code results in the correct % discount being deducted from the subtotal amount, but it does NOT at the same time recalculate the VAT - thus the VAT is still being charged on the full non-disounted price, so the customer is being over-charged on the VAT.

For example, if a customer in the UK or EU orders an item with a £60 retail price (inc VAT @ 20%), the subtotal will show £50 (the ex-VAT price) plus the £10 VAT as a separate item. Inputting a 20% discount code causes the store to take 20% off the ex-VAT subtotal, just as it should, reducing that to £40 - but it leaves the VAT figure at the incorrect £10, rather than recalculating is to £8 as it should now be.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong, and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance!

Jon.

Hello Al, thanks for the personal response!

Since posting my question, I had a rummage around on this forum and found a reference to a similar problem, here:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

and from the answers to that problem I had figured that it might be something that had been fixed in one of the upgrades..... my store is still running on 5.2.8, because the guy who normally looks after it for me hasn't had a chance to upgrade it for a while - is this particular bug something that you've definitely addressed already, so that an upgrade to the latest version will fix the problem for me?

Best,

Jon.

Hello again Al,

Both myself and my web admin guy have tried to do the upgrade by clicking the links, and it's continually failing and saying that it must be manually upgraded. Is that because I'm trying to jump too many versions at once, or is there likely to be some other reason?

We both get this message:

"failed to download latest version. Please attempt manual upgrade"

Is the upgrading something that you can do from your end, for a suitable fee? I just need to get it done and working!

Thanks,

Jon.

Hi Jon, we have a managed technical support plan which covers upgrading and we can do it for you. If you only want one month you can cancel it at any time. Unfortunately the automated upgrade doesn't always work due to server permissions and resources. 

You can see the support plans here https://www.cubecart.com/enterprise-support