Can I get the categories to not show subcategories in category descrip

jkmorganpets

I want to know if it is possible to not have the sub categories show up under the category page in the centre box but still show up in the category menu.  I find the images too small  for the sub categories, so would rather insert a table with larger images and forego the default settings. 

Jill

cc v5

Also, is there a way to stop the mouseover drop down? I disabled the drop down on the menu as I found it very annoying that as I moved my mouse down the menu all the categories would drop down whether I wanted them or not. I would like a simpey click on drop down. I guess I should mention the skin is Kurouto.

Jill

The panels should wrap to the next line.

In the file config.xml:

Was:
<image reference="subcategory" maximum="70" quality="70" default="noimage_subcategory.png" />

Now:
<image reference="subcategory" maximum="150" quality="70" default="noimage_subcategory.png" />

You will probably need to build a "No Image" image at 150px and replace the existing 'subcategory.png" image.

In the file common.css, near line 404:

Was:

#subcategories > div.subcategory {
    display: inline-block;
    height: 120px;
    text-align: center;
    vertical-align: top;
    width: 80px;
}

Now:

#subcategories > div.subcategory {
    display: inline-block;
    height: 200px;
    text-align: center;
    vertical-align: top;
    width: 160px;
}

In the skin's file /js/script.js, try this:

Was:
$(this).siblings('a:first').addClass('menu_closed').hover(function(){

Now:
$(this).siblings('a:first').addClass('menu_closed').click(function(){

Everything works great except the subcategories still appear on the hover.  Is there somewhere else to change that?  I also changed the height on the subcategories to 130 as 200 brought it too far down the page. 130 seems perfect.

Jill

I take it back, everything still hovers.

Jill

I see. I didn't realize that the category (Buckle Collars, for example) is a valid URL link. So, of course when it gets clicked on, the browser makes the page request.

If you want to keep it a click action, then these top-level categories cannot be URL links.

In short, in light of the above, I have no good advice to give.

I did do some research a while back to see if there was any kind of a delay. The term is called "debounce". That is, even though the mouse cursor passes over a "hoverable" spot for just a split second, the debounce code will say that the hovering didn't last long enough to be considered a legitimate hover.

I haven't experimented with debounce code, so I have no advice to give you in that respect either.

Until someone comes up with a solution, I guess my best advice is to just live with it.

They both look interesting. The first one might have been a good one to use instead of the tabs we worked on.

Hovering though isn't what I want. I want the simple menu where the customer has to click on each category and subcategory.  If scrolling down the menu to get to a category at the bottom, hovering makes all the links above continue to drop down, which is highly annoying. I have so many categories and subcategories that I can see my customers getting annoyed with the hovering.  If they flew out to the side instead of below then it wouldn't be such an issue. Is there a way to change the menu so that the subcategories fly out to the right of the menu.

Jill