Customers cant log in V6.01

deanotune

Been running CC 5XX for yonks with no problems. Got 2 emails from customers saying they could not log in.

Checked in admin and there details are there. I even tried creating new account and the details went in no probs but I cant log in. Keep getting an invalid name or password error.

Thinking it might be a glitch in V5 I upgraded to V6.01. Still happening. Any ideas?

Now I dont my database from my PHP so please ....KISS    ...  Keep It Simple (for) Stupid !

Ok I think I have fixed this. Was flicking through the different menus etc in admin and came across the error report. 386 errors since the day before yesterday.

They were all different but for the same thing ...cubecart_sessions (or similar). I found the repair thing and thought ...why not . It did its thing and now I can log in and set up new accounts again.

Any idea what would have cause this brain f*rt by the software ??

Thanks

Dean

Hi Dean

Was the sessions table marked as corrupted / needing repair ? A repair almost always fixes that - a crashed table is usually caused by the server going down unexpectedly or the MySQL service stopping in an uncontrolled way or often when the server is overloaded and MySQL cannot keep up. There are a very few odd times when none of the above happens and MySQL just corrupts a table for no discernable reason - thankfully rare and easily fixed

Ian

From memory it was a ' crashed ' report but I seem to remeber seeing other things in there . I saw the number 386 reports  and my eyes glazed over after reading the 5th one ......  Its all be deleted now and no more errors are showing so I guess i fixed it with a fair amount dumb luck hehehe

Thanks for the reply.