How to modify header

agile4

I am new to Cubecart and so far I love it.  But I want to modify a couple of things.

I found the Crosshatch skin that I like the look and feel of. 

1) How do I remove the T&C, About Us, etc from the header?  It's already in the footer and that is my preferred location.

2) How do I remove the Currency box or at least make it so USD is the only option.

I also like the look of one of the other skins (the one with the woodgrain background), but it has the cart box on all the pages and it blocks stuff.  How do I remove that ?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Welcome agile4! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart 5 and 6 uses a template rendering engine called Smarty. Smarty uses a specific syntax to be told what data gets put where.

Find the file /skins/crosshatch/templates/main.php. Using a programmer's text editor, find in that file {$SITE_DOCS}. From what you've seen in the browser, there will be two instances. You want the top one.

You can either remove {$SITE_DOCS} or you can make it a Smarty comment: {* $SITE_DOCS *}. A Smarty comment starts with a leftbrace-asterisk followed by any kind of whitespace - space, tab, newline - and ends with any kind of whitespace followed by asterisk-rightbrace. I recommend making comments of things so that you have a chance to undo things easier.

The latest versions of CubeCart 5 and 6 will automatically not show the Currency and Language selectors if there is only one enabled. In admin, Currencies, enable the one and only currency you want the store to have.

In Nota, the sidebox Shopping Basket shouldn't be blocking stuff.

Thanks B.  That took care of it.  I'm not sure what Smarty templates are but can research it.

I found a thread on moving the search box to the right, so I'll be doing that. 

But how do I add some cusotm content to the header, like a tagline or site description. Is the contents of SITE_DOCS in an editable file somewhere?

Oh  the url is www.infinitycustomcreations.net

Tom