Grouping of different products with same manufacturer

marko2002

Hi all, probably been discussed but can't find specific solution and wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to a mod or if there is another way ...

Is there a way to easily show all products from the same manufacturer, for example I have a book site and I intend to use the manufacturer's facility to list the authors.   What I would like then is for some way to have the author listed within the listing and clickable so it then queries the database and lists all books with the same author.   Additionally, having an A-Z listing somewhere of all the manufacturers/authors listed and clickable?.

Thanks in advance

Marko

Hi

This can be done using our Enhanced Manufacturer plugin if you set the Authors as manufacturers as you suggest.  If you take a look at https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk and then switch to our Nautical skin (this plus the default skin called Retail Therapy are two new skins we are in the final stages of developing but only Nautical has the manufacturer plugin changes added to the skin files).  You will see that there are two different ways of displaying Manufacturers (Authors) in the sidebar and you can choose either or indeed have both.  Clicking on one then takes you to a category like product listing page but listing the products associated with that manufacturer

Thanks

Ian