Multiple SAME Product Attributes

Steve Collier

Morning all,

I have been building a store for a client and their products are heavy on the options. I have several attributes per product BUT, the issue I have (which is mentioned on the forums but no solution it seems) is that one of the attributes can be selected multiple times.

Let me try and clear that up :-) It is a food store, they deliver. I have options for fillings (1st and 2nd choice) but, they offer salad also and the customer can select any of the 7 choices there. So, client chooses product, then attribute 1, attribute 2 & ANY amount of attribute 3.

Any clues?

With many thanks to anyone with a thought or has just taken the time to read this.

Steve

Thank you for your reply. I will try and be clear, although I am pretty poor at explaining myself!

For one product, I have multiple options.

PRODUCT = £1.99 (for e.g.)

Option One = Choose one of the following.

A

B

C

D

Option Two= Choose one of the following.

A

B

Option Three=Choose ANY of the following.

A

B

C

D

E

So the customer may choose one item from 1, one item from 2 and 1, 2, 3 etc of option 3. Option 3 is actually salad in a wrap so the customer can choose one or all of the salad if they want. Option 1 is their main filling so they have to choose only one, option 2 is a secondary filling which is set to be optional.

Many thanks,

Steve

(btw) Installed this on a windows server after seeing your awesome reply to another post "Abso-mondo-lutely!" :-)

• 8 months later...

Hi - was there any progress on this front?  I need to offer a series of radio buttons for the end customer to choose from:

Product a

Product b

Product c 

etc...

Then they place their order with these products listed (just as text on the order is fine it doesn't have to actually tie to a known product or interact with stock etc).  I can't see any way of doing this with CC and I desperately want to migrate from Abantecart as it can't do the different items at different weights part properly or sustain my SSL/HTTPS stuff either... :(

An illustration as to how it works atm on Abantecart: http://www.tranquili-tea.co.uk/blend-my-brew

Thanks and great store front so far all!