Getting verification code was incorrect error

richierich

Im getting this error code (  verification code was incorrect please try again) if anyone tries to use my email contact form or if someone tries to place order.Basically any where site asks to enter recaptcha to verify your human.I havent edited my site.Any ideas how to fix this ? Thanks rich

The following errors were detected:
  • The verification code was incorrect. Please try again.

Please let us know the exact version of CubeCart in use (admin, Dashboard, Store Overview tab).

Then, on Store Settings, Features tab, what do have selected for Spam Prevention?

I'm wondering if Google has switched off a particular kind of the reCaptcha that CubeCart uses.

I just ran a recaptcha test on my CC522 installation and it all worked out.

What I noticed in my testing is that the POSTed value for the recaptcha test is very long.

I wonder if there has been some sort of security enhancement applied to your hosting account. That is, if this problem just started. If so, please have a conversation with your hosting provider if you haven't already.

I just now registered on your site. The registration form has the reCaptcha gizmo on it, and it accepted my response, no problem.

This is what I was referring to in the POST array, which seems long, but it really isn't. I was suggesting to ask your hosting provider if a value that long would be a problem:

recaptcha_challenge_field=03AHJ_VuvEX5s88hZY76Yvg9Vq1L_cdzThckMX_VM4SDOB8ZMFIFHZfdv9clv2qSddc-X1KE6irxwm3lSRafPcbfPVk91bguyem88MMJaljdOWK03F97tMwfW8k0U5VT0J6eQwIMKCSNIOfM-3z6ulzIw9jAT8eZRi5sOHLwvyuI4DMjEV7U0aJdtYLqytDSkK-tLg2naX1k64hAPqjm3s_Ru_-oWegcwfENKIY3CN2Q-BjnR0eR9tt0V5OVqoDKUT-ZVywD8oGR1L5WSzHuE0BBdYSQ0F89Cf3g

Ok i've been testing things by sending a test email thru my contact page.And it works one time without a error then next gives me error.So has to be something still wrong.Just tried 6 times and 2 came up with verification error .And sometimes the recaptcha window doesnt even show ?  

When the window doesn't show, you will need to check with the browser to show you the source HTML it received from your store.

Once a CubeCart 'session' (based on the cookie) has recorded that the visitor has passed a reCaptcha test anywhere on the site, there is no need to offer any more tests. So, in that scenario, the HTML source will not have the javascript needed to call for a recaptcha gizmo, and the session will recall that this visitor has previously passed a test.

If the session has no record of a successful pass, then the HTML source code should have the javascript to call for a recaptcha gizmo.