[Resolved] Error establishing a database connection

11thhour

I just checked my site and got this message.
Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 6 in /home/eleve8/public_html/index_enc_zend.php on line 0

The web host (Lunarpages)is telling me, This issue is due to your website being incompatible with the newer version of PHP your server has been updated to, which is PHP version 5.5.31.

I'm running CubeCart V4  Any Ideas as what I can do? I can't even log in to the control panel to make an upgrade.

bsmither, thanks again for your help. Asking the host to help with what you told me I got this response from them. It seems to have worked.

Investigating the issue further, I found that I was able to resolve the 'Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 6 in /home/eleve8/public_html/index_enc_zend.php on line 0' error by changing :

$glob['encoder'] = 'zend';

$glob['encoder'] = 'ioncube';

in : public_html/includes/global.inc.php.

That gets your website to show part of a page.

However, the following warning is displayed at the top of the page :

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/eleve8/public_html/classes/db/db.php on line 45

To stop this deprecation warning displaying, I changed :

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

to

error_reporting(4339);

in : public_html/ini.inc.php .

We strongly suggest that you replace the files as described above. The encoded files are where licensure enforcement takes place.

CubeCart is now licensed under GPL3 (meaning, "open source") and any licensure enforcement has been removed.

In fact, in just a few days from now, when CubeCart phones home to validate the license, there will be nothing to answer. Your store will cease to function.

You are strongly urged to replace those two files.

For a more human-readable statement to suppress the deprecated notices, we recommend:
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~(E_NOTICE | E_STRICT | E_DEPRECATED | E_USER_DEPRECATED));

bsmither, I'm not understanding what the host is telling me. First they were telling me my site was down because it wasn't using PHP 5.5.31 Now that I can see my CC control panel it is using PHP 5.5.31  What they did to fix it I'm not sure of . Are you saying I need to replace those files because of something they are doing? I would rather not mess with files myself if there is something they (host) need to do to fix this correctly.  Thanks for the help!

It's nothing what your host is doing, although having upgraded PHP, so that ZEND no longer worked, exposed the fact that your site still uses ZEND-encoded files.

Please read this announcement.

You must perform a bit of maintenance so that your site no longer uses encoded files.

What your hosting company did was to simply change from using one of the two encoded files to using the other encoded file. But your site is still being enforced to follow CubeCart licensure. And that is what must be solved.