remove unwanted colour choices from skins

helzbellz

hi there im currently working on my store and have gone through tons of files and coding and cant seem to find where i can remove certain colours from skin choices.I have deleted lots of colour folders but all the colour options still show up in the drop down box.its probably something stupid but can someone point me in the right direction.

for example one of my skins is eshift, it comes with various colour options but i want to remove all colours except blue

www.saverhub.co.uk

also i seem to be having problems with how the text is displayed after you click a category.

http://www.saverhub.co.uk/store/home-garden.html

if you visit that page where the category is displayed above the product it seems to repeat the category title again over the top

In the skin folder, there is a file named config.xml. This file lists all the color sub-styles.

Make an edit, such as:

<!--
	<style images="true">
	  <directory>green</directory>
	  <name><![CDATA[Green]]></name>
	  <description><![CDATA[Green style]]></description>
	</style>
-->

Wrapping the <style> group of statements in comments will suppress the enumeration of that sub-style.

CubeCart also caches the skin, sub-style enumeration. So, clear the cache (admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, Clear Cache).

As a general rule, I prohibit my browser from running any javascript (Firefox plugin "NoScript").

When I visit your site, I just get a simple "This site requires javascript" message.

This is not standard CubeCart behavior.

Because this is not standard CubeCart behavior, I have to wonder if the hosting account server has some sort of elaborate setup and/or aggressive server-level caching.

So, even though you are clearing CubeCart's cache (if using file-based caching for CubeCart, the /cache/ folder will be full until cleared), there may be other factors interfering.

Can you give us any details on why I get just a simple "javascript required" message instead of CubeCart's homepage?

hmm okay thats weird.i use chrome so havent seen that message but will take a look on my firefox. What would be using JS ? im more confused now :/ 

i came on to thank you as after i followed your advice the unwanted colour choices have finally gone so thankyou for that it was really starting to bug me.

hmmm regarding the cache i was taking a look through my file manager using cpanel trying to resolve an image issue and went into my images folder and although i had just cleared the cache using cubecarts admin the cache folder on my server file manager is loaded ,should i delete everything in that folder manually?

i dont know what my servers set up is ,i installed cubecart using Softaculous .i have installed and unistalled various things previously i dont know if that would affect my cubecart installation.

(((lightbulb moment))) did you access my site using the welcome(homepage) at saverhub.co.uk ? as i have js running on that. the direct link to my store is www.saverhub.co.uk/store .. please tell me thats what was causing the problem 

Delete the folder, clear the cache, choose a different default skin (Store Settings).

Maybe you are reading too much into what I have said prior. I didn't let the javascript from the eShift skin run. That's on me. Not your store or your choice to use this skin.

Please be aware that there is no reason for you to be bugged about having sub-styles. So what if the skin has them? If you are concerned that the store visitor will choose to view your store in a different color scheme? Wouldn't that be on the visitor? In Store Settings, you can disable the ability for the visitor to be able to change skins for their session.