All In One Shipping - translations

skyquest

Hi,
I have read a lot in here about problems with modules and all... but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for...

My website is in french for the moment, and later will be in english. The thing is, the shipping modules I use keep stayin in english with their "module names" in the customer's basket. I want to be able to show them in french in the french page, and in english for my english page.

I can't seem to find anything to translate them... I don't car for the admin translations, but I do want my french page to be totally in french...

Thanks for the help

translation modules.bmp

It is up to the module's author to create companion language files. (And it seems there are two versions on how to format these files.) Unfortunately, there is still some anomalies with working with languages other than the one you are using in admin.

Which shipping modules do you use? The Subject says AIOS.

If we look at the All in One Shipping module, in the language folder, there is the module.definitions.xml, and also a particular language file, en_US.xml.

This language file is in Version 1.0, which (apparently) means actual phrases will get used (as opposed to Version 2.0 where phrase keys will get overwritten).

So, make a copy of en_US.xml, name it fr_FR.xml, and change all the <value> CDATA contents to French.

(On the other hand, I did something, don't know what, that caused a French language file to appear in every module's language folder.)

Well, I just scanned all files with Notepad++'s search for the exact words I am looking to change ("All In One Shipping" in the cart to someting in French)... found nothing. And by that, I mean I looked in particular in the files that you mentionned, but with not luck on finding the exact words I want to change.

While I was looking at that problem, I also discovered that my "Register" and "Login" pages just... don't exist...

Seems I've got more on my plate than simple translations...