PayPal gateway (Test Endpoint failed)

genpix

I'm trying to configure PayPal gateway (1.0.5) in my store. There are not many options there to set (everything looks obvious).

When I press Test Endpoint button i receive Error message: Failed to connect to PayPal. More information can be found in the request log.

In the log, I see the following lines:

Today, 09:11
0=null&1=1
Response received

What does that mean? What a "normal" log is supposed to look like?

also, when I try to place an order on my web-site (using test account), after choosing PayPal method of payment and pressing "Checkout" button I'm get redirected to "www.MYWEBSITE.com/index.php?_a=gateway" page, but the page is empty (probably because of the above error).

I also tried to configure PayPal Pro & Express Checkout plug-in (I selected "Express Checkout Only" option). Test Endpoint failed with exactly the same error (same log entry).

Is it my Web-Host server problem? What information I have to provide my Web-host tech support to seek help?

Added:

I just noticed that Currency "Fetch Rates" failed as well:

Today, 10:28
null=0
Response received

while similar request from 2 weeks ago worked fine (in the same log):

2016-08-24 09:57
null=0
Response received
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <gesmes:Envelope xmlns:gesmes="http://www.gesmes.org/xml/2002-08-01" xmlns="http://www.ecb.int/vocabulary/2002-08-01/eurofxref"> <gesmes:subject>Reference rates</gesmes:subject> <gesmes:Sender> <gesmes:name>European Central Bank</gesmes:name> </gesmes:Sender> <Cube> <Cube time='2016-08-24'> <Cube currency='USD' rate='1.1268'/> <Cube currency='JPY' rate='112.95'/> <Cube currency='BGN' rate='1.9558'/> <Cube currency='CZK' rate='27.022'/> <Cube currency='DKK' rate='7.4432'/> <Cube currency='GBP' rate='0.85130'/> <Cube currency='HUF' rate='309.99'/> <Cube currency='PLN' rate='4.3039'/> <Cube currency='RON' rate='4.4597'/> <Cube currency='SEK' rate='9.4545'/> <Cube currency='CHF' rate='1.0891'/> <Cube currency='NOK' rate='9.2460'/> <Cube currency='HRK' rate='7.4920'/> <Cube currency='RUB' rate='73.0561'/> <Cube currency='TRY' rate='3.3290'/> <Cube currency='AUD' rate='1.4782'/> <Cube currency='BRL' rate='3.6463'/> <Cube currency='CAD' rate='1.4581'/> <Cube currency='CNY' rate='7.5013'/> <Cube currency='HKD' rate='8.7370'/> <Cube currency='IDR' rate='14969.54'/> <Cube currency='ILS' rate='4.2506'/> <Cube currency='INR' rate='75.6268'/> <Cube currency='KRW' rate='1264.96'/> <Cube currency='MXN' rate='20.8945'/> <Cube currency='MYR' rate='4.5537'/> <Cube currency='NZD' rate='1.5400'/> <Cube currency='PHP' rate='52.396'/> <Cube currency='SGD' rate='1.5257'/> <Cube currency='THB' rate='39.013'/> <Cube currency='ZAR' rate='15.9380'/> </Cube> </Cube> </gesmes:Envelope>

Are these errors related?

Update:

I went to my cPanel settings and just for giggles decided to reconfirm the PHP version settings. My account was configured to use PHP version 5.6, I went ahead and selected 5.6 again ant hit "change version".

After that, Paypal Test Endpoint started to work properly !!!

I have no idea why this stupid PHP version change (from 5.6 to 5.6) worked. I compared new .php.ini with my old back-uo. Files are identical!

Anyway: now my side is kinda working. But ....

I can not do a check-out using Firefox ( .../index.php?_a=gateway  is an empty page, and there is no any redirections). Surprisingly, Google Chrome works just fine, this page gets redirected to PayPal web-site. Have not checked IE yet (I don't have it installed).

What can cause Firefox to stuck on  an empty page .../index.php?_a=gateway (after hitting "Checkout" button)?

added:

I just tried to place an order as a guest (without creating an account on my web-site), and I was redirected to PayPal web-site after clicking on "Checkout" button. It is a problem only if I create an account first and then try to do a checkout, then I see an empty page.

any ideas why this is happening?

The "re-installation" of PHP 5.6 is a weird one - no doubt.

For CubeCart's Request functions, it uses cURL, a PHP add-on functionality, to make communications with outside web sites. Maybe your host had this switched off, and "re-installing" PHP switched it back on again.

Please create an error_log and examine its contents when you next get a blank page.