backup and restore language

never2

Hi @never2 Welcome to the forums. Are we to assume you made the changes in the actual language file?

If you make your changes in the Admin>Settings>Languages>your language flag> appropriate section found in the drop down menu - your changes will be databased and NOT overwritten on upgrade.

It IS possible to copy your UK language files and rename your files - but there's more to it than just renaming the folder.

7 hours ago, never2 said:

I just make changes in he Admin>Settings>Languages>your language flag> appropriate section found in the drop down menu

That should have databased the changes so they survived the upgrade. If they did not, then there is an issue that needs to be explored. But I'm not the one to help with that. Hopefully Bsmither or someone else with the skills will be along soon to help you.

What are you upgrading from/to?

15 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

That should have databased the changes so they survived the upgrade. If they did not, then there is an issue that needs to be explored. But I'm not the one to help with that. Hopefully Bsmither or someone else with the skills will be along soon to help you.

What are you upgrading from/to?

I want to separate my shop to sell different kind of products, so I just need the change of language to the new shop.