Auto instock update Mod with extras

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otherwise it works as advertised. I modifed the script to not reveal how many items I have in stock, but rather announce low quantities if I had less than 10 available. On the checkout screen I had it list "Yes" for Instock instead of the qty once again, but if they tried to order more than what I had available it would then give them the big red quantity.

I would like to know what you changed in the code to accomplish this. This sounds like it would be a plus for my store.

Thanks.

Likewise. It would be much better to announce 'in stock' or 'low quantity' without actually having it show exactly how many are available.

I'd be interested to know how this was done (since I'm a complete beginner ;))

PS Solved my earlier problem by the way.

Hi,

I would like to know how to alter the codes in order to have it shown as "low stock" or "in stock" or "out of stock" instead of the quantity number. Anyone knows?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i put the cube cart in the main directory of my web site so now when i go to my site it says

Index of /

Name Last modified Size Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parent Directory 25-Aug-2004 13:28 -

cgi-bin/ 25-Aug-2004 13:19 -

why does it give the directory instead of the main cubecart page ??? any help on this would be greatly appreciated

do i need to rename a file to the index.htm page if so which one ??

when i type in my url it gives the file directory when i add an extra / after it it loads the cube cart store

Thanks for the wondeful hack, I can't wait for it to work! LOL

So here's my problem... (of course)

I installed it all, and well nothing changed on my store. I have no options for how many to include in the inventory (in the admin). Also no # of inventory on the product pages. :D

The only difference I see on my store DB is that instead of 'store_inventory' mine says 'cubecartstore_inventory'. So I added the new line (instock) on that one. Is there any other files I must change to show that difference as well to make it work?

Thanks for all the help!

Ashley

Okay, I figured that part out but now I am getting this error...

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/sbcamp2/public_html/store/view_product.php on line 77

Yes there is a } there but if I take it out I get another error. :D

well this is a popular thread too bad theres like 6 or 7 versions of this mod stating they are bug free even brooky has said there is a bug free version on the download page and guess what it aint there 404 baby....

did it get aced when the server got hacked and not replaced?

as a matter of fact a couple of the downloads are 404...

stij post the link to your ultimate fixed INSTOCK mod pretty please?!

and all of you who complain of "BUGS" and dont know how or care to learn how to use phpmyadmin and add the NECESSARY rows to your Database come on get a grip....

If ya gonna mess with e-commerce at least a BASIC knowledge of how to use phpmyadmin and edit your dbase should be REQUIRED stij and frank have busted their collective butts over and over telling you to add the sql to your dbases.....

sorry if that sounds harsh but ya GOT 2 get a clue...

stij franck brooky as always YOU GUYZ sooooooooo ROCK

Mr EyeCandy

Jebus, over 150 replies!

I didnt even know there was a problem with this mod.

:)

Just a hint to the newbies: If you dont have a clue what PHP is, than have someone else install mods for you. If you don't know how to use phpMyAdmin or know SQL, have someone else install mods for you.

It will save everyone time and hassle.

Modification instructions are pretty straight forward. If you have the slightest doubts of wheather or not you're capable of installing a mod, don't. Just ask for help or pay someone from the beginning, if could save your store.

Not trying to be an ass here, but honestly, if you didnt KNOW how to fly a plane, would you?

Here's some honestly...

I do know about php, I do know about phpmyadmin.... and I still have an issue that I can't figure out. Anyone care to actually *help* someone? :)

And... I would fly the plane if the only other outcome would be crashing it!! :P

Here's some honestly...

I do know about php, I do know about phpmyadmin.... and I still have an issue that I can't figure out. Anyone care to actually *help* someone? :)

And... I would fly the plane if the only other outcome would be crashing it!! :P

"}" errors are always the easiest to fix, stop lying.