Changes on Control Panel will not reflect on website

Good day

I have just updated to the latest version but now no changes I make on the Admin control panel will reflect on the website. E.g. I placed new text on the home page on the control panel, but it does not reflect on the website. I also tried to add a new product, it adds it on the control panel (but the google category i.e. home>plants>seeds, keeps disappearing) but it does not show the new product on the website.

Is there a way to resolve this that does not involve inserting code as I am not remotely familiar with how or where to do this.

Thank you.

CubeCart 6.2+ has "tamed" how aggressive its internal cache operates. Earlier versions would clear the cache for every admin page load. CubeCart would then have to repopulate that cache. Although this takes but one or two seconds, it becomes noticeable with respect to database server load.

So, in taming the cache, CubeCart now illuminates a button in the upper-right of the admin pages. You are to make all necessary and desired changes, then, when you feel it is necessary to present the results of your work, click the Clear Cache button.

If your store isn't open yet, you can also go to admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, and disable the cache system completely. (I think the button still illuminates, but the cache should be ignored with respect to the storefront. (Note that a store not operating with a cache will be noticeably slow.)

The Google Category thing has been fixed, I think, with CC621.

Thank you for your reply, I do understand what you are saying, I am now logged into the control panel and am on the "dashboard" page, but there is no "clear cache" button displayed. I have clicked on the other pages as well and none of them are displaying this button. I have been running my store on cc for 2 years now with absolutely 0 problems (it's an amazing product!).

Unless I have misunderstood where I am to look for the "clear cache" button? I did go to the "maintenance" tab and clicked the clear cache there under the rebuild tab, but still nothing showing on the website.

In the upper-right, find the Welcome back (admin's name) - Log Out [=>.

Under that is [Clear Cache][Help][Storefront - Open]

If the [Clear Cache] is not there, then I would question whether your admin folder has been completely updated.

Edited by bsmither

Let's be clear what version you have:

* In admin, Dashboard, Store Overview tab, what does CubeCart Version say?
* Using FTP (or CPanel), how many administration folders do you have?
* In admin, the left-side Navigation Pane, Advanced section, is Manage Hooks listed here, just under Maintenance?
* In admin, Store Settings, Extra tab, is there a section for GDPR settings?

In Store overview = 6.2.1

cPanel = not sure what you mean here, I did a search for admin files and there are a few (mail/....admin , public/....admin)?

Manage Hooks is listed in the navigation pane as follows:  Settings - administrators - store settings - manage hooks

Under the store settings - extra tab it is as follows:  status, images, product options, product options matrix, additional categories, main stock level, product code, translations, redirect to cloned product details.

Using CPanel (the hosting account's control panel, with which you can explore the file structure of CubeCart), there will be a folder named admin or named admin_aBcDeF (where aBcDeF is a random sequence of letters). There will also be other folders, among them cache, classes, controllers, and more. This is CubeCart's installation folder.

How many folders, in CubeCart's installation folder, start with admin?

The nav link for Manage Hooks is not where it is supposed to be for CC620+.

No settings for GDPR on the Extra tab is also not right.

So, again, how many folders in CubeCart's installation folder start with "admin"?

ok, I found it, under file manager it says as follows:  admin_ (random numbers and letters) if this is them then there are 3 of them

sorry and one just above them named simply "admin" with no underscore and no letters so all in all there is one "admin" folder and 3 "admin_ numbers and letters"

Which one has the latest date/time?

Have the file manager open the file /includes/global.inc.php for editing. There will be a statement refering to the admin folder name.

Change the value of the admin folder name to that folder's name that has the latest date/time.

So, if you right-click on global.inc.php, the context menu that pops up does not include Edit?

Ah! Maybe the "permissions" on this file makes it read-only. You may need to change the read-only to read-edit permissions.

Edited by bsmither

ok, how do I do that?

You will be editing:

/public_html/includes/global.inc.php

If encodings are not important to you because you will only be working with English or other Western languages, you can disable this dialog by clicking

The above is what it says if I right click on it and then click on edit -  is this correct

The one file that is named only global.inc.php, and has no other part to the name, should have Type of "application/x-http-php". That this one file isn't of that type is of a concern.

When right-clicking this file, can you select View?

There cannot be files with the same name in the same folder. Sure, there may be files named similar to:
global.inc.php-20170208114734.php
global.inc.php-20170208114805.php
etc.

But we want a file named ONLY:
global.inc.php

oh, ok, I see what you mean now. If I right click on the file with JUST global.inc.php and click view (as in ignore the ones with additional information such as numbers included).

Yes, view works, do you want me to paste a view of what it shows when I click view?

No. What I would like for you to do is right-click that file and select Edit.

Find this statement:

$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_aBcDeF';

Change the value 'admin_aBcDeF' to whatever the name of the latest dated administration folder is in CubeCart's installation folder.