Issues with admin password

Gunstra

I am having an issue logging in to my admin section all of sudden. Things were fine until today. I get invalid username or password and I even tried forgotten password and it tells me incorrect details, try again. I know they are correct because I went into phpmyadmin and checked the username and even changed the password using the MD5 in the drop down like you're supposed to do when dealing with passwords.

Is there another way to get the password changed so I can login?

CubeCart can try to use an un-salted password (like CubeCart v3), which will auto-update to a CC6 style password.

But, in addition to encoding the password via md5, the database row must also have a blank salt value, and a zero for 'new_password'.

You say things were fine until today.

Please check if your hosting provider has upgraded your hosted environment (PHP version, etc).

21 hours ago, bsmither said:

CubeCart can try to use an un-salted password (like CubeCart v3), which will auto-update to a CC6 style password.

But, in addition to encoding the password via md5, the database row must also have a blank salt value, and a zero for 'new_password'.

You say things were fine until today.

Please check if your hosting provider has upgraded your hosted environment (PHP version, etc).

I ended up fixing it by redoing the MD5 three times and it finally changed. I would be the one updating the php my provider wouldn't as it's an unmanaged server. Thx for the effort though :)

Hello Pleased to see your issue I would like to suggest you here.

If you have already tried the "forgot password" option and it did not work, then you can try resetting the password directly in the database. Here are the steps:

Log in to phpMyAdmin and select the database that contains the admin login details.
Find the table that contains the user information (usually called "users" or "admin_users").
Look for your user account in the table and click on the "Edit" button next to it.
Locate the password field and replace the existing encrypted password with a new encrypted password. To generate the encrypted password, you can use an online tool or a PHP script. For example, you can use the following PHP code in a file on your server:
php

<?php
$password = 'new_password';
$encrypted_password = md5($password);
echo $encrypted_password;
?>
Replace "new_password" with the actual new password you want to use. Save the file and navigate to it in your browser. The encrypted password will be displayed on the screen. Copy this encrypted password and paste it into the password field in phpMyAdmin.

Save the changes to the table and try logging in to the admin section again with the new password.
If this does not work, there may be an issue with the login system or the database itself. You may need to contact your web host or a developer to help you diagnose and fix the problem. hope so it will help you dear. BenefitsCal.org

Edited by garten210