PayPal Plug in - Buyer was presented the 3D Secure challenge but chose to skip the authentication

Hello fellow geeks, so, customer tries to pay, the order goes through but the transaction fails at PayPal level. That's fine as it's a customer's issue, but how do I stop the order from going through? I often find myself cancelling orders due to this reason.

3D.gif

As you can see, the customer was presented with the authentication but he skipped it, so obviously there wasn't a monetary transaction, yet the order goes through! It shouldn't go through! Whenever I am shopping online and there is an issue with the payment, the order simply won't go through, then I know there was a problem. Not only I have to keep cancelling these random orders but also explaining customers that the order went through at the website level yet not at a financial level.

How to avoid this? How to prevent cubecart accepting orders that fail the payment authentication process?

Thanks in advance!

AJ

Can you check your extension configuration? If 3D secure isn't required then they can do this and the payment will still be taken. If it is required the payment won't be taken and the order will not be updated to processing.

Thanks for replying @Al Brookbanks, there are the settings. One thing I just found out is that if I add a product to the cart, and click on secure checkout until I arrive to the last page where the PayPal button and the fields for credit card are, at that point, the order gets generated. It shouldn't obviously because the customer hasn't even paid, he is just being presented with payment options yet the order gets processed under order. Maybe is missing a setting somewhere.

3d.gif