CAN anyone help me install cubecart3??

Guest mental

lol I have the same question.

I installed cube cart at my host through fantasico...great it worked....

then wanted to upgrade as I saw there was a new upgrade...and downloaded it, unziped it and ftped it to the directiory where the other version was....guess what...ummm does not work...lol.

I sort of know what I'm doing as I have installed a phpbb on my other site, I'm very new to this and very confused. Is there an Install guide for newbies somewhere on the site I'm not seeing...

Please be kind to the computer challenged...

Rose

P.S. I did open the Doc folder and the install instructions.tex and all it says is "Please read the file install/read_me.txt" /sigh.

Guest Earth Bizz

You can't upload the CC3 files into the same directory/folder as CC2 on your server .. hoping to overwrite CC2 and "Upgrading" it afterwards ... You CANT "upgrade" CC2 to CC3 . You can only "REPLACE" it with CC3..

Either delete CC2 completley from its folder on your server and upload CC3 to the now empty folder and install it. (Best if you have links on other sites pointing to "index.php" in that folder)

Or .. create a new folder on the server and upload CC3 to that .. leaving CC2 intact while you muck around with CC3 ... Or rename the CC2 folder to"temp" or whatever to keep it there as a backup and make a new folder with the original folder name CC2 was in to keep all your external links to your site intact.

:whistle:

You can't upload the CC3 files into the same directory/folder as CC2 on your server .. hoping to overwrite CC2 and "Upgrading" it afterwards ... You CANT "upgrade" CC2 to CC3 . You can only "REPLACE" it with CC3..

Either delete CC2 completley from its folder on your server and upload CC3 to the now empty folder and install it. (Best if you have links on other sites pointing to "index.php" in that folder)

Or .. create a new folder on the server and upload CC3 to that .. leaving CC2 intact while you muck around with CC3 ... Or rename the CC2 folder to"temp" or whatever to keep it there as a backup and make a new folder with the original folder name CC2 was in to keep all your external links to your site intact.

I did the install both ways as you suggested and nada on both...lol....

????

Rose

P.S.

Maybe this will help you

Also see this post innocent.gif

I had seen thoes prior in my forum search prior to posting and didn't help.

• 2 weeks later...