Error establishing a database connection

dukes

Hello,

I somehow managed to mess something up in my cpanel and am now receiving the message "Error establishing a database connection" when I go to my domain name.  However if I go to the admin for my domain I can log in and my admin appears to be fine.  Does anyone know off the top of their head how to fix this?    Godaddy is the company I am using to host the site.  I contacted their support who told me they don't know cubecart and suggested I ask here.

Thank you,

Ken

"when I go to my domain name"

I assume you are referring to the web address of your hosted account where you have installed CubeCart?

"if I go to the admin for my domain I can log in and my admin appears to be fine."

Again, I assume this is the admin backend of CubeCart?

If you can log in to the administration backend of your CubeCart store, then there is nothing I know of that could cause a "database connection" issue when visiting your storefront.

"when I go to my domain name"

I assume you are referring to the web address of your hosted account where you have installed CubeCart?

"if I go to the admin for my domain I can log in and my admin appears to be fine."

Again, I assume this is the admin backend of CubeCart?

If you can log in to the administration backend of your CubeCart store, then there is nothing I know of that could cause a "database connection" issue when visiting your storefront.

I have sent you a message.  Thank you for your prompt reply here.

Unless CubeCart's index.php got replaced. CubeCart's index.php starts a chain of events that eventually creates a connection to the CubeCart database.

If there is a foreign index.php file, it could be wanting to connect to whatever database belongs to the package it came from.