Powered By Cube Cart

Guest cntgifts

Do we have to keep that in the title at the top of the page

or is that what we need to pay the 69 bux to remove if so thats gay :lol:

I think it is pretty reasonable....

What is 69 bucks anyway for a shopping cart that is highly customizable? I think it is worth every penny... I didn't buy the license to remove the copyright, I bought it to support the develeoper (BrookY, U Da Man!) so he will continue his quest and provide us with more more and more :on2long:

what about a table rate for shippign theres not one of them for cc 3 :lol:

Do a search on the shipping mod, others have asked about it; however, as far as i know there is not one, yet.

Guest Denver Dave

You are NOT permitted to: modify and/or remove any copyright notices or labels on the Software on each page and in the header/footer and output html of each source file. This includes "[powered by CubeCart]" in the browser title and "Powered by CubeCart ©Devellion Limited" page footer. This may only be done if a license key has been purchased!
The footer seems very reasonable (would prefer to not have the version for security reasons), but it is unfortunate to waste the title space which is used by search engines.

I guess it comes back to how much we are charging our clients. What do others charge for a low volume shopping cart? Do you bill the client directly for the cart or build into your fee? Setup? Monthly?

You charge it to them. Just denote it as E-Store / Shopping Cart License and charge them for it.

If they balk about having to buy a license, just explain to them that all good software costs money. They can take their chances with something that somebody does for free that *might* get updated and have bugs fixed or they can spend a bit on a license which will ensure bug fixes and future updates. Once you explain that to them, they should have no problem.

BTW, if you're charging so little that $69 (or a bit more with markup) is a big deal, then you're charging too little to begin with. :w00t:

@ cntgifts - I don't understand your complaint. It really sounds gay. :w00t:

@ Denver Dave - In your ACP under General Settings, the very first text field is for "Browser Title." I do not know how many characters are allowed in that text field, but at present my title is: "AVFtexas.com Bellissimo! Hand Painted Glassware, Antiques and Vintage Furniture, Collectibles"

In 1024 screen resolution, the cubecart tagline doesn't even show at the end - not that I would mind if it did. I used a title with several search terms built in, and I don't begrudge CubeCart's text, which in my case will rarely be seen anyway?

I think the developers actually deserve both money and the credits . . .

I pass the cube cart license fee on to my clients or they buy it themselves and in EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE we have removed the powered by from the title but like its been posted on most monitors it wont even be seen and we have left the footer link to cubecart.com INTACT

and heres why.... Cubecart.com has a bad ass page rank gets tons of traffic and if your site links to brooky then your site is considered more important leaving a link to brooky even if you buy the license just makes good sense having powered by cubecart in the title is also good sense for SEO buying a license isnt about removing stuff its about supporting a guy who works his freakin ass off developing a excellent system and trying to handle all the questions on the forum that 9 out of 10 could have been 1) answered by the person asking if they had just read a little bit 2) poked around in admin on their store or 3) had done a search on the forum first.... most of the time and questions asked on this forum are from lamers whining cuz they didn RTFM...

so to whine about brookys licensing just makes you look lame and makes ya a tosser.

buy the license and leave the powered by and leave the link it does more for you than you think buy the license cuz brooky deserves it!!!!