Logo Design Contest

I'm really not happy with the logo I have on my site (I threw it together in about 5 minutes). So I figure I'll run a little contest on here. I know there are some of you who just love playing around in Photoshop / Paintshop Pro / the Gimp, etc. So now is your chance to shine.

You can post your entries in this thread or e-mail them to me, your preference. They must be *basically* the same size as what's there now. They must retain the color scheme I have used.

The winner will receive $20 US via PayPal plus $50 credit toward any current or future mods I have available for sale.

Here's the current logo:

topHeader.gif

I will choose my favorite from all the entries received by next Sunday, September 18th.

Thanks, good luck and start designing!!!

$20 would get you about 20 minutes of my time

designing a logo isnt not something you want to throw open to a contest and pay $20

you will end up with a $20 logo that does nothing for your brand and will just show you didnt want to have a logo designed properly

a logo is a mark that at a glance says who you are what you do/sell

a unprofessional logo will hurt you...

spend some time and create your own logo as you know what you want it to convey better than anyone else

also you didnt include anything in your post about who what wheres about your company so how can anyone else design a logo that satisfies you and your company needs?

study major brands and their logos

and design one from your heart that represents what your company is about

good luck!

kinetic, for a normal retail company, I'd completely agree with you. However this is something just for me. If I had a higher plan for it, I'd put the time into coming up with something I like. But if people are interested in offering up some ideas for me, then why not utilize their creativity while rewarding them for it at the same time?

Perhaps the word "Logo" is not the most appropriate. "Opening Graphic" may have better suited to my particular use. Regardless, I look forward to seeing more offerings. And even if I don't use the winning entry exactly as submitted, I will still honor the prize side of the deal.

sw-scripts.jpg

sw-scripts1.jpg

Thats about as far as I go, logos and branding are and most usually much much more, I would like to get some ideas of what mods are being considered for the future :blink: