By Price Shipping

kinetic

I have a client who uses the By Price Shipping module in Cube Cart 3.0.2

and needs it customized for their site The client uses a flat rate for national orders (USA) and a separate flat rate for international orders and provides free shipping to national orders (USA) for orders over $25 the current CC3.0.2 flat rate shipping module does not take this into consideration. and neither does the By Price Shipping Module. International Orders never receive free shipping due to the higher cost of shipping products internationally.

Heres the criteria

Timeframe: 1 Week

By Price Shipping Module: Store Admin Side

Current functions:

A ) Can enable/disable module

B ) Can Set a Free shipping level (orders over X Amount are free shipping)

C ) Can Set shipping cost for orders under the amount set in the Free Shipping Level

Custom Features Needed:

1) International Shipping Cost

2) Excluded Countries

3) National Countries

4) International Countries

1a ) Need the ability to set a International Shipping cost so that if a customer is from a international country they will pay the international shipping cost NO MATTER if their order is over the specified Free Shipping Level. International Orders will NOT have Free shipping if their cart total is over the specified Free shipping level...

2a ) Excluded Countries a comma seprated list field to enter ISO codes (2 letter code) for countrys you will not ship to what so ever.

3a ) National Countries a comma seprated list field to enter ISO codes (2 letter code) for countrys you WILL ship to and if cart total is over the specified Free shipping level will receive Free shipping and if cart order is BELOW the specified Free shipping level will apply the National Shipping cost

4a ) International Countries a comma seprated list field to enter ISO codes (2 letter code) for countrys you WILL ship to and if cart total is over OR under the specified Free shipping level will pay the specified International shipping cost and ignore the free shipping level.

By Price Shipping Module: Store Customer Side.

Step 2 Address Shows a drop down box currently for shipping (if logged in)

this needs to be changed to a Free Shipping! text in the shipping row of the cart if the customer is 1) from a national country set in admin and 2) their order is over the specified free shipping level set within admin.

If the customer is from a country other than the National countries set in the admin side this needs to be a shipping total amount and not a drop down box.

I was going to jump on board until I read

Module Rights

Once this mod is completed the mod must be made available to the general cubecart community FREE OF CHARGE to download and install on their own...

What if I asked brooky to do the same?

Hey Brooky, if I buy a license for CubeCart from you. I want you to make CubeCart Licenses available for free to everyone for the betterment of the community.

I don't think he'd like that very much and niether will he sell the license to me under that stipulation.

If you want the mod written, I'll write it for you. You get the right to use that mod on your site or your client's site. You do not get the right to resell my mod, just like you don't get the right to resell CubeCart.

I own the intellectal property of the mod's logic. Brooky owns CubeCart. All my mods have Brooky's copyright included even if they are 100% my own code. I have never bought other modders work and I hope that their work retains Brooky's copyright as well.

Thank you.

Good deal. Alex is a good guy and good coder. I'm glad to see that he brought out the reasoning for us charging for mods. While I have one that's free now and a couple more up my sleeve, the majority of what I write will be paid mods. I have the knowledge, the experience and the reasoning necessary to workout the logic behind what I need to make work. That has not come to me either quickly or without some cost (time, anguish, etc). Therefore the benefits of my abilities do not come without cost. I would think a lot of coders would feel the same way.

Now obviously the open-source movement goes against this philosophy, but then again CubeCart is NOT open source. Therefore don't necessarily expect mods / improvements / hacks for it to be as such.

Oh well, my 2 cents for the evening. Now back to making silly PayPal / IPN / Auto-Return work properly. GRRRRRR!

Guest tbladecki

Sir William... good luck with the IPN/Auto return thing.. I can not get the thing to work for anything............. I just keep getting the same error.... :blink: