3.0.2 to 3.0.3 upgrade problem

Guest craigwalker

Guest craigwalker

After trying to upgrage from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 i got the following error..

MySQL Error Occured

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ' at line 7

QUERY = CREATE TABLE `CubeCart_cats_lang` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `cat_master_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `cat_lang` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', `cat_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', KEY `id` (`id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

that was as soon as i clicked to commence the upgrade in upgrade.php..

anyone have any ideas ?

:(

Hi guys

first post here and this is my first time doing upgrades to cubecart.

uploaded the V3.0.3 and uploaded the upgrade.php as in the readme

when i click on the upgrade now file it shows

MySQL Error Occured

2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

does anyone know what this means? i know nuts about PHP and SQL...

any help will be helpful

btw my webbie is below

http://shop.amainobj.com

thanks in advance

download your global.inc.php and see if it has your database userna,e database password and database name in it Im betting you over wrote the file....

Just finished 2 hours of using winmerge on CC3.0.3 and my slightly modified clients Cubecart site Upgrade went flawlessly and I didnt lose any of MY edits...

Guest craigwalker

download your global.inc.php and see if it has your database userna,e database password and database name in it Im betting you over wrote the file....

I've just checked, it hasnt been overwriten

just checked your "webbie" and it looks like you are uploading the upload folder instead of the contents of your/ upload folder to your /shop folder

/upload folder is the same as your /shop folder

ftp the contents of your upload folder into the shop folder if /shop folder is your store's ROOT

Guest craigwalker

hi,

i uploaded the contents of the upload folder to my websites root which is also the store dir.

I've seen moved the failed install to a seperate directory as i had to copy my backup back to get the site online again..

Id imagine thats probably why your assuming i didnt upload to the correct place..

I've upgraded from 3.00 to 3.0.1 and from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 in the past without problems.

MySQL Error Occured

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ' at line 7

QUERY = CREATE TABLE `CubeCart_cats_lang` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `cat_master_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `cat_lang` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', `cat_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', KEY `id` (`id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

anyone have any ideas ?

:on2long:

Exactly the same problem I am having... HELP PLEAASE!

MySQL Error Occured

anyone have any ideas ?

:on2long:

Exactly the same problem I am having... HELP PLEAASE!

Hello,

Try either removing "ENGINE=MyISAM " from the upgrade script code. Or change it to "TYPE=MyISAM ".

Pretty sue one of those will work.

hi,

i uploaded the contents of the upload folder to my websites root which is also the store dir.

I've seen moved the failed install to a seperate directory as i had to copy my backup back to get the site online again..

Id imagine thats probably why your assuming i didnt upload to the correct place..

I've upgraded from 3.00 to 3.0.1 and from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 in the past without problems.

Yeah you have to overwrite the existing files. Except those stated in the upgrade text file.

Guest craigwalker

Yeah you have to overwrite the existing files. Except those stated in the upgrade text file.

Yup, exactly what i did...

I'll try your suggestion of the edit to the upgrade script tonight and post back waht i find.

I had to run the upgrade as a sql query from PhpmyAdmin:

CREATE TABLE `store3_CubeCart_cats_lang` (

`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`cat_master_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`cat_lang` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',

`cat_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

KEY `id` (`id`)

) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1

In Admin --> Orders -- the Status is not showing up in the Order list view nor the individual order view.

This is because you have not uploaded the new language files/folders. :)

I didn't replace the language file because I had modified it but I did add the code between the 3.0.3 comments as described here:

The added content can be found between the following comments in /languages/*/lang.inc.php

//////////////////////////////////////////

// START: Added in 3.0.3

//////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////

// END: Added in 3.0.3

//////////////////

Is there something else I would have missed by doing this? Thanks.