Paypal Direct & Express Checkout

I've been trying to setup Paypal Direct and Express Checkout, although I haven't been very successful.

at the confirmation screen I get:

"Sorry, your order failed!

You can attempt to purchase your basket contents again below:"

I dont know if i did everything right, perhaps someone can write up a quick outline as to what is required for this to work?

Any help is appritiated!

Guest sunshine

Hi Zvon,

In order to use your paypal account with your cart, you need to login to your paypal account and set the details there first. The setup is on both sides paypal and your admin.

PayPal Direct and Express Checkout are both features of PayPal Pro. This is a PAID upgrade from PayPal. It'll cost you $20 a month for the service. I don't do enough business to make it worth it for me.

But the PayPal IPN / PDT (AutoReturn) works like a charm (after some tweaking on my part). I fixed the error saying that the order had failed. It's all good now.

I'll do a new thread with the instructions on how to fix it if you like. Just let me know.

that thread would be quite usefull not for myself but for others as well. THanks for your info I was aware of the $20 cost per month, but it certainly isn't easy to setup thats why a tutorial would be a good addition to the knowledgebase.

I still cannot get PayPal Direct to return anything other than 'Sorry, your order failed!' PayPal Express works, and I have the appropriate accounts and API certificate from PayPal, but no dice.

Has anyone been successful in getting this set-up? Any tricks or gotchas to look out for?

i am having the same issues. paypal direct and express both just say order failed with no reason. i have the paypal api in my /pear dir and /pear/tmp is 777.

anyone got a fix for this yet?

kforce

Sorry guys, turns out I need to add in some PHP modules and I'm not in the mood to dig that deep for this one. I don't have SSL capable CURL installed. Oh well. Maybe I'll be more ambitious next weekend.

Guest KForce

lol i wish someone would help out this section :)

i went to 3.0.3 just for that reason. have my great API in there and everything.

the problem is whenever someone selects PayPal Express it goes directly to your order failed.

when someone selects paypal direct you get a nice order form put in all your cc info click submit then it goes to order failed.

i really really need this feature and appreciate ANYONES help on it.

kforce

Guest jeromas

PayPal Direct does not work. Would it be helpful to submit it as a bug report? I don't have any specific information as to what is causing the order failure, except for what is already being reported in these forums. I can't imagine, with 500,000 users of CubeCart, that the few who have posted in this thread are the only ones having this issue, and if you are NOT having this issue, and have PayPal Direct successfully working, please share with us the steps you went through to get it going.

Guest jeromas

Ok, I always do this. I whine and complain and then go find the solution. Hopefully I can help people clear up some of the problems they are having with this API. Let me be clear: I did have a successful Direct Payment go through on my sandbox account. Here is what I did, besides the obvious.

(1) I checked the /pear/tmp/[DATE].PayPal.log. It is layed out in XML format, and I'm not sure what I need to do to parse it, but I looked at it directly on the ftp site, as the error messages I was getting from PayPal are still contained in there.

My first error was dumb, though excusable - instead of using the state two-letter code, I was using the full name. Granted, it says to use the two-letter code right next to the input, but being a typical user, I typed in the full name. Yes it was dumb, but it points out that this box should (A) not allow more than two characters to be typed in or even better (B) be a selection box that confines users to certain choices.

(2) Here is the information from my PayPal log that did the trick. I had no idea what to do with this at first:

<ShortMessage xsi:type="xs:string">Feature Disabled.</ShortMessage><LongMessage xsi:type="xs:string">Direct Payment has been disabled on this account. Transaction has not been processed.</LongMessage><ErrorCode xsi:type="xs:token">10550</ErrorCode>

I visited the sandbox forums, and lo and behold, there was a post on this very subject. Hurrah, I see a light, and hope it is not a train.

The short of it is, you have to sign up for virtual terminal, not just get the PayPal API certificate. The link to do this in the sandbox is as follows:

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/vt

Here is the entire response from the developer to the person asking how to enable PayPal direct:

Hi xxxxxxxx,

You will need to apply for Direct Payment and accept the billing agreement. It is possible to do this in the Sandbox at

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/vt. It is possible to use any SSN that begins with 111 and has not been used.

--

Eric L.

PayPal Developer Technical Support

It was easy to sign up for virtual terminal in the sandbox - just make up a fake SSN, fill in the rest of the info, and you get confirmed right away.

As soon as I did this and tested my CubeCart site, my fake credit card payment was processed - another point: if you don't have a fake account with a fake credit card set up in the sandbox, it won't work either.

I am going to test the live version in a little while with my own cc, maybe charge a few dollars to myself and make sure it works right. I'll let people know how I progress.

So it does work. It just isn't obvious from the PayPal side how to make it work...

Guest jeromas

Update, my live transaction with my Mastercard was successful. I checked my PayPal account and the money is there as well.

If anyone would like to PM or email ([email protected]) me to know more in detail what I did, feel free to do so. This was probably the most painful part of getting my first CubeCart to work, so if I can help make it any easier for anyone, please let me know.

Looking Good Brooky...

I have contact PayPal to find out when the API Access will be available for the UK ( £ ) .....and.....wait for it!!! THEY CANT / WON'T TELL ME!!!

Oh well have to keep waiting!!

A

Guest sunshine

I should take a leaf out of their book instead of telling people 3.0.5 would be out on Friday!! :)

:dizzy: Will that install come with a little man to help me?

Guest merlintx1969

I have installed the newest version of cubecart,

and when I try to test the express checkout I dont see any mention of it until AFTER I have created a store account,

can someone please tell me where to find it before I have to create an account?

Guest sunshine

Hi Merlintx1969,

All your customers register before you they purchase/checkout. It's useful in case you have a shipping/billing problem. Paypal is particular about wanting registration on their side first but a majority of gateways aren't like that. Funny that this ultimately makes you more dependent on their 'admin tools'. Bit of a monopoly strategy. Look in 'Includes/Content/' the gates are there. :w00t: