V 3.0.4 - 3.0.5 upgrade planning

Guest Denver Dave

Guest Denver Dave

I gather that v 3.0.4 is is an important update for security reasons. I've been holding off doing the v 3.0.3 to v 3.0.4 update hoping to jump to v 3.0.5 and save having to apply my mods twice.

I know that it is hard to predict and we certainly don't want v 3.0.5 until it is ready, but does anyone know if v 3.0.5 is pretty close to coming out or if it is going to be a while?

Guest sunshine

Hi Dave,

Well, who am I to say but I don't think 3.05 is that far off. In the last number of upgrades, the pattern appears to be weekend releases. Anyways, if you have the time, why not implement the 3.04. It's better to be safe than sorry.

It was going to be released last weekend but a few drawbacks have suspended this happening.

I rather wait a while rather than getting all those small fixes and correcting them.

The best solution wait a week (minimum) after a release and then try and upgrade.

By that time any bugs or minor problems are found and posted. :w00t:

The 3.0.4 upgrade is really very very minor and you can do it in about 10 minutues using the manual method in the text file. No losing mods to your store or anything. Just a matter of replacing a few lines of code in about 6 files I think.

The real reason its late is because I had to go for tea with the queen save an Inuit from being hit by a car and I had to help 400 old ladies cross the road in 10 different countries on a Thursday.

Actually I think the real reason is for wasting time writing crap like this.

Back to work Brooky!!! :w00t: