[Software Packages] CubeCart 3.0.5

File Name :: CubeCart 3.0.5

Author :: brooky

Category :: Software Packages

Description

This release includes more bug fixes and features including:

- Improve SSL Support (Shared Certificates)

- Improved support for multiple stores on one domain

- BluePay Gateway

- More Bug Fixes

- Improved Security of Checkout Process

- Product Options Bugfix

- USPS Bug Fix

- Improved PayPal API

Upgrade instructions are included in the download archive.

View File

Guest EverythingWeb

Yes, the procedure would be to upload all the 3.0.5 files, then read ALL the upgrade files between 3.0.2 & 3.0.5 and process any and all mysql alterations.

Guest GhostRyder

I completed the upgrade and it appears to be working. I also ran the upgrade scripts in order and I thought this would update the database. But now when I attempt to edit a gateway I get this error:

MySQL Error Occured

1146: Table '*****.CubeCart_Modules' doesn't exist

QUERY = SELECT * FROM CubeCart_Modules WHERE module = 'gateway' AND folder = 'Print_Order_Form'

If I look in the database the table CubeCart_Modules in in fact not there. Is there any way to manually import this table directly to the database?

Got it, Installed it, no writing in the admin area but the public area shows the test item.... took a closer look at it and I have no config.php in the admin area.

I used 'Method A' auto-install and walked through the onscreen prompts. I know the server has met the requirements it was asking for, but there is no text in the admin area.

Search button in the general area has no writing on it. I know I have GD2 support as this is being installed on a clients site that shares my server... I use GD2 from my server for my PR-Bar Checker that is installed on webpages everywhere (the image is created by GD2 on my server and sent out on the fly).

This is a clean install... first time user of CubeCart, long time web-pro. I have done many installs of other software on hundreds of servers, but this one has me stuck...

Should I create a config.php file manually?

Guest jeff29754

Got it, Installed it, no writing in the admin area but the public area shows the test item....

I used 'Method A' auto-install and walked through the onscreen prompts. I know the server has met the requirements it was asking for, but there is no text in the admin area.

Search button in the general area has no writing on it.

Well, I was going to install the new 3.0.5, but it seems that the same invisibility problems exist as with previous versions. I've posted about this on another thread.

I feel that as more than a few people are having this problem of missing text in admin and homepage menu's, something could/should be done to investigate the causes of this now common installation problem. I have no doubt that brooky and others is looking into it, but this problem is'nt helping the CubeCart cause, which is a shame as it's the best looking/laid out commerce software i've seen.

Any newbie reading these posts will be put off maybe even before they try an installation.

Along with others, I anxiously await the results of the programmers investigation of this problem. I want to say goodbye to OsComerce and hello to a working CubeCart on my site.

Thanks in Advance.

Jeff

The upgrade instructions only include the auto update. I have a lot of custom add-ons and I need to update the cubecart manually. Can you please add it to the update information? :w00t:

Guest jeff29754

UPDATE: Happy to report that V3.0.5 is now properly installed and working. One tip i used was to delete all cookies and temporary internet files before installing. After this was done the install went without a single hitch, everything worked 1st time and i've taken OsCommerce off my site (thank god)

Brooky,

Can you add the feature where it takes someone straight to check out when they order a product, and not just places it in the basket?

Thanks,

Ansel

UPDATE: Happy to report that V3.0.5 is now properly installed and working. One tip i used was to delete all cookies and temporary internet files before installing.

Tried it, still no images from the install

Guest jeff29754

This just has to be a local browser problem. After I successfully installed it, I worked on the store for a few hours when all of a sudden that old image/disappearing text/no menu's problem came back.

I emptied temp files folder again and deleted cookies, rebooted and when I went back to the store, everything was back to normal.

Brooky, you got any thoughts on this common problem ?

I've got 3.0.5, it's great. But the USPS calculator doesn't work.

I signed up for USPS webtools, and in the email it says they don't use passwords

anymore. So I put in the username they gave me, and I get this:

------------

Authorization Error connecting to United States Postal Service Server: http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll

Please register at http://www.usps.com/webtools/ and enter the correct username and password in the CubeCart control panel. You MUST have a successful test transaction before USPS will give you access to the live server.

"When you have completed your testing, email the USPS Internet Customer Care Center (ICCC). They will switch your profile to allow you access to the production server."

-----------

That's with the username in both the username & password fields, with just the username, I get this:

-----------

Request XML:</Request>Return XML:<Error>

<Number>80040b19</Number>

<Description>XML Syntax Error: Error getting USERID attribute.</Description>

<Source>UspsCom::DoAuth</Source>

</Error>

-----------

For the time being, I've implemented the shipping by weight option, but I would really like to get an accurate USPS quote, so I'm not over/under charging for shipping prices. Thanks.

Guys, while I appreciate your problems, this is NOT the forum for them. Please post in CubeCart 3 -- General Support. You'll get quicker and better support as most people don't frequent this forum. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a beautiful theme that I purchased to use on the old version of cubecart. What I was wondering is can I still use it with the newest one? I want to rebuild. ;)

Blessings,

Rev. Lady Athena