Protx problems

Guest benniog

Guest benniog

Hi,

I am having trouble integrating with my Protx account. I am getting the following error:

Incomplete information submitted. The VendorTxCode field may be missing or you may have used an incorrect encryption password.

I am using the correct information in my admin system and i have scowered the forums high and low. I depserately need some help on this one cause I am struggling big time, I am using version 3.0.5 - please HELP!!

Thanks

benniog

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello bennyuk,

I did some work on the Protx module after 3.0.2 was released, and was included in 3.0.3.

When I get into the office later today or tomorrow, I will have a look through the 0.5 archives and see what the Protx file looks like.

Now, before I do that, are you sure you're using the correct srever. Remember there is Simulator, Test & Live. And if using Live, have you properly conpleted all the Test stages required by Protx and created all the necessary accounts?

Cheers,

William

Guest benniog

Hi William,

When simulator mode i get the following error:

The Vendor name you provided, 'xxxxx', cannot be found in the database. Please ensure you are using the correct VSP Vendor Name as assigned to you by Protx.

When in test i get the following:

Incomplete information submitted. The VendorTxCode field may be missing or you may have used an incorrect encryption password.

When in live i get the following:

To be honest I am starting to think that this a problem at the protx end not the cubecart end. However, if you can point me in the right direction then I would be very grateful

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

This does definately sound like a Protx problem, or a configuration problem.

You *shouldn't* be able to run it in all three modes. There will only ever be a single server open for you to work with. The simulator account is sued before your application had been completed/approved, test when you have had it approved and before you go live (at this stage you must show Protx you can succesfully process and refund a transaction, both approved and refused) and then the live service.

You need to talk to Protx support and find out which account you can currently use, and confirm with them the username and password to use.

Cheers.

Guest benniog

Hi William,

What type of Protx account does cubecart support. I have a VSP Direct Live account - is this supported or does it only work with VSP form

Thanks

Benniog

Guest EverythingWeb

Only works with Protx Form I'm afraid.

Its the most easiest and most 'standard' way of integrating for software packages such as CubeCart.

Guest bennyuk

Thnks for the mention EverythingWeb (nice to see you thinking of me ) lol, :w00t:

I am using Protx FORM set-up on cc207 (from booker) , and will be using it soon on cc3 (well, using the built-in Protx to start with).

I'll be looking to implement a Protx direct link soon, which will involve a new IP number and a Secure Cert, I'll let you all know when I get it working.

Ben aka bennyuk, not same as benniog...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest benniog

Hi Brooky,

I have tried this and it didn't work... I have bitten the bullet and started again and it seems to be working fine.. so i have no idea what the problem was but it working fine now - i shall be purchasing a license forthwith - if you need any testimonials or anything then just holler

Benniog ;)

Guest Graphyx

Nope didn't work for me either, can we have a protx gateway that does work asap please? :)

I have a desperate client :blink:

I think that cubecart is really good with its layout and presentation kept separate but an ecommerce product that cant accept payments isnt much use is it? ;)

Hope you get a working gateway within a few days as I will be forced to look elsewhere - client uses "protx form"

Ciao!

Guest Graphyx

Yup, so sorry forgot the important data! ;)

Error message from protx: "Incomplete information submitted. The Amount field may be missing or you may have used an incorrect encryption password."

We have triple checked with the clients password etc etc... no joy all seems correct , it seems to be missing some data from the cart?

The site is at: http://www.smuttygifts.com/index.php ( it's using the live protx gateway as well )

CubeCart Version: 3.0.3

PHP Version: 4.4.1

MySQL Version: 4.0.24-standard

Server Software: Apache

If you require any further info let me know

Your assistance in this is much appreciated :blink:

Guest benniog

Hi Brooky,

I was always using the standard code.. i have no idea why but the Protx gateway was giving the error:

I have completely started again and it is all working fine.. i am using the same Protx information that I was using previously - so I have no idea what the problem was... all that said the site is now live Silly Shack and is working fine.