Guest markyvuk

Guest markyvuk

I want to send emails as smtp authenticated. My settings are:

SMTP Server: auth.smtp.blahblah.co.uk

SMTP Port: 25

Authentication: YES

SMTP Username: xxxxxxxx

SMTP Password: xxxxxxxx

I know these work because I have taken them straight from Outlook.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Guest markyvuk

Tried that but still get this message:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to auth.smtp.xxxxxxx.co.uk:25 in /homepages/12/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/xxxxxxxxx/classes/smtp.php on line 87

What is wrong?

• 2 months later...
Guest karelia

I'm having same problems. :(

SMTP server won't send anything, but when I leave it to "mail()", it works just fine. Problem is though that some (most?) servers don't accept mails sent with "mail()", i.e. Yahoo.

Our service provider instructs:

PHP on Windows

Use the PHP mail function and set the mail from using the following line of code - replacing email@mydomain with the correct domain name.

• ini_set("sendmail_from", " email@mydomain ");

SMTP servers have filters which ensure that either the to or from address relates to one of your domains and that the from address is not blank.

PHP isn't so familiar to me, could someone please tell if Cubecart's scripts are doing it like instructed? :errm: And if not, how can it be fixed?

Edited by karelia

Guest jaycarney

I am also having the same problem. Mail() works just fine. I have made new emails through cpanel, have used livehost, mail.jaycarney.com for the host, everything. not sure what to do. any help is appreciated.

Not sure if it helps but worth a try, replace the '@' in your SMTP username with '+'.

My own set-up (which is working) uses mickey+mouse.com as username instead of the normal address [email protected]. Could have somehting todo with the special character in the field as they are sometimes tripped out. Then your server won't recongise the user and you have a problem.

Hope that helps.

Guest karelia

I'm having same problems. :w00t:

SMTP server won't send anything, but when I leave it to "mail()", it works just fine. Problem is though that some (most?) servers don't accept mails sent with "mail()", i.e. Yahoo.

Our service provider instructs:

PHP on Windows

Use the PHP mail function and set the mail from using the following line of code - replacing email@mydomain with the correct domain name.

• ini_set("sendmail_from", " email@mydomain ");

SMTP servers have filters which ensure that either the to or from address relates to one of your domains and that the from address is not blank.

PHP isn't so familiar to me, could someone please tell if Cubecart's scripts are doing it like instructed? :D And if not, how can it be fixed?

I just realised that our service provider isn't the same than our domain provider. And domain provider doesn't automatically have (anonynous) smtp-servers, they just advise to use service provider's server. I've sent request to domain providers about their smtp-server, hoping it solves this. :)

I am as well. I have called yahoo and they say that the settings are correct and that it must be a script problem. I can also send and get messages using the same settings from outlook. I have tried setting the port to 26, using the + as earlier suggested and am still stuck - anyone have any other ideas of what is causing it

thanks

I want to send emails as smtp authenticated. My settings are:

SMTP Server: auth.smtp.blahblah.co.uk

SMTP Port: 25

Authentication: YES

SMTP Username: xxxxxxxx

SMTP Password: xxxxxxxx

I know these work because I have taken them straight from Outlook.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I put "NO" on authentication

ok after spending far too long on the phone with yahoo - who still had no clue what was wrong :) i found in small print on their website that a lot of ISPs are now blocking port 25 due to spam so you need to use an alternate port 587 - this fixed my problem completely! But just make sure you do all the things mentioned above re user name and password :ninja:

• 1 month later...

ok after spending far too long on the phone with yahoo - who still had no clue what was wrong :) i found in small print on their website that a lot of ISPs are now blocking port 25 due to spam so you need to use an alternate port 587 - this fixed my problem completely! But just make sure you do all the things mentioned above re user name and password :cry:

I had the same unpleasant experience with Yahoo. They are completely clueless. I'm using port 587 and have now changed the @ to a + in my SMTP username, but I nor the client still do not receive the e-mail confirmations. This is so frustrating. Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

My working SMTP configuration is listed in this post: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=16497

Thanks. I tried port 26 with authentication but it's still not working.

I have finally been able to get this working. I had to change the Mail Sending Method to mail(). SMTP simply would not work. Additionally, I used the following settings:

SMTP Host: smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com

SMTP Port: 587

Use authentication: No

SMTP Username: [email protected]

SMTP Password: the password for my email address

Hopefully, this will save someone else the frustration of trying to get it to work with Yahoo Webhosting.

Thanks for all of the prior posts!

i have the same email problem

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.kitxenon.com:26 in /home/kitxeno/public_html/cube/classes/smtp.php on line 87

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.kitxenon.com:26 in /home/kitxeno/public_html/cube/classes/smtp.php on line 87

have tried everything, please some one help.............

Guest speak2stv

My working SMTP configuration is listed in this post: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=16497

Thanks. I tried port 26 with authentication but it's still not working.

I have finally been able to get this working. I had to change the Mail Sending Method to mail(). SMTP simply would not work. Additionally, I used the following settings:

SMTP Host: smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com

SMTP Port: 587

Use authentication: No

SMTP Username: [email protected]

SMTP Password: the password for my email address

Hopefully, this will save someone else the frustration of trying to get it to work with Yahoo Webhosting.

Thanks for all of the prior posts!

Pls forgive my ignorance as I'm still learning PHP...but in what file do you set the SMTP port? :innocent:

SMTP port 25 doesn't work for me and I'd like to try 587.

Thx!!! -Stv

Guest speak2stv

Pls forgive my ignorance as I'm still learning PHP...but in what file do you set the SMTP port? :w00t:

SMTP port 25 doesn't work for me and I'd like to try 587.

Thx!!! -Stv

Never mind. Since it wasn't in my config, I downloaded Brooky's config tool (http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?showtopic=10284&hl=CubeCart_Config_Tool) and smtp still doesn't work for me... Thx anyway!