copyright removal questions.

Once purchase license, I can remove copyright text. Can I use it as a solution for customers. example, I would not state that the software is a product of our company but more of a solution for customers. Another example, I;ve setup a name for it in my site 'ecom lite' and sell it as a solution for customers, but it will not have the name 'ecom lite' in any of the pages of cubecart script. I would not state the product is mine.

-------

Also, how do I remove the updates available. any ideas!!

Hi

That link indicates that there is newer version available of Cube Cart, simply download and update, if you want.

You wont see the "new update" link in admin homepage after updating store with the latest version available. ;)

Yunus

Can I install cubecart on multiple sub domains within a domain with 1 license key.

example : main domain abcd.com

subdomain : shop.abcd.com, glaxy.abcd.com, hispan.abcd.com

benison, the answer to most of your questios is no.

That is my opinion, but you can open a customer service help ticket and get your answer from the developer, Alistair Brookbank.

You want to pay one license fee, then use CubeCartâ„¢ on multiple installations in subdomains, and offer it renamed as Ecom Lite as a solution to your customers with copyright already removed - all under one license key?

Somebody shoot me if I'm wrong, but I would think the answer is not "no" but rather "Hell, NO" :)

I'd be saying Hell No as well, and I think Brooky would agree here.

You'd be taking a 'free' product and marketing it under another name. Even though it would still appear as cubecart, you're essentially taking business away from the Cube cart owners. Sure, you could market installation of cubecart, but the actual product?

Even though you would avoid stating that it's your product, you're still implying it. The technicality wouldn't get you out of the copyright infringement. Once you purchase a licence, you can use it for your site, but I don't think Brooky ever intended for you to market it to other sites.

I'd rethink it if I were you. By all means, licence and use it on your site, but unless you want Brooky's lawyers on you, I'd avoid selling cubecart on your site without a very specific agreement with Brooky.

~Riv

ive seen sites and i guess you could do this too, where they offer installation and customization of cubecart (or other carts) but they dont anywhere offer it as a "solution" without stating what it is...

"we offer complete setup and install of the super-duper Cubecart shopping system", "Customization with your company logo also available" would prob be ok.

While offering a noname shopping cart setup with CC and © removed is prob not cool.