Major Performance Issues

Guest ROUGHAPPLE

Guest ROUGHAPPLE

Hello all,

I have newly installed CubeCart on my IIS6 Windows 2003 Server (dedicated - 2GB dual processors) with php 5.0.4 and MySQL 4.1

My problem is I was doing some ecommerce e-promotion (spam - some would say),

hence the server took a good hit today. Anyway it keeps crashing my computer VERY NOT GOOD!! I'm not a php programmer (ASP.NET/JAVA) so am wondering if anyone has had any similar issues when this application has been put under stress. I will look for some php unit testers but as i said im not a php hack so any advice would be appreciated.

PLEASE: Don't blame windows - this is not the problem! I have other apps taking more hits running php 5.04 on this server and have been amazed at their performance compared to asp.net

Anyone who is interested (please be gentle - it has probs!) http://70.85.244.139

Cheers,

Brent

Guest ROUGHAPPLE

Not that much, I noticed problems with the templating system with 13 users.

But the problem seems to be cumulative - I have restarted the server and everything is fast again.

I think this is a php 5 / template problem, but I don't know enough about php to be sure how to find the bug.

Any recommendations?

Guest ROUGHAPPLE

hEY Brooky,

By the way I intend on flogging this app to heap of customers so I will buy some licences as soon as this thing starts to work. Have had heaps of interest so far!

PHP - not a big fan as I do program in it so I don't want anyone thinking our company does! Your app is very user friendly and I will probably learn over the next few weeks -cheers

NO, it crashed again but i restarted - It takes down all my other php sites also.

Big problem as I started promoting it today and potential clients are already complaining! Don't make me go back to .NET!

Guest ROUGHAPPLE

I've resterted the server 3 times in 4.30 hours now. I'm almost certain the poroblem lied with the templating system. If it crashes I can still get it to echo on the index page. ie before the templating is called, i can debug php but it will echo on all the include pages up to the templating. Is the templating contraindicated with php 5?

Hi. Your store looks extremely impressive. Each one sold must have a license key though if our copyright is removed. I would prefer it if it wasn't branded as ""xxxxxxx-Cart" but Rough Apple's ecommerce solution which of course isn't availabel to download publically.

CubeCart has kinda truned out to be a wholesale solution over the years.

It must be a PHP5 thing as our demo store gets quite a lot of traffic and the load on this server is absolutely negligible all the time. To be honest I'm not sure what it could be.

You may find it is something in your TPL files which is heavy or parsed too many times.

Guest ROUGHAPPLE

Thanks Brooky,

I believe it may be a leak in the templates. They get confused if you comment after they are finished. I want to be sure though as I go many complaints today after the site didn't work (hopefully they will believe the test server line!).

I notice they have updated that class, I will try to integrate it.

By the way Prado is crap (don't bother), I'm in the process of building a framework simpler to ASP.NET 2.0 Beta, but I have already got clients running on that framework.

You would like 2.0 Beta it has templating like the style you use (MASTER PAGES).

I can give you a free account with SQL server 2005 if you like? (I have a Microsoft beta tester licence)

The TECHNOLOGY is 100% CUBECART, i have simply included a simple include_once() and a grep for u linux guys.

Guest ROUGHAPPLE

------------------------------------1 USER------------------------------

--- Basic statistics ---

Page name: index.aspx

Min web transaction (without images): ?

Avg web transaction (without images): ?

Max web transaction (without images): ?

--- Network traffic details ---

Total bytes sent: 0

Total bytes received: 0

Average server bandwidth (Kbits/sec): 0.00

Average user bandwidth (Kbits/sec): 0.00

--- Summary times ---

Virtual Users statistics:

User Pages Time AP/S AT/P

Total work time: 183203

Total pages made: 0

Total average pages per second: 1000.00

--- Errors report ---

Total 80 errors!!!

Net: 80

--- HTTP response codes details ---

Code Count

------------------------------------11 USERS------------------------------

--- Basic statistics ---

Page name: index.aspx

Min web transaction (without images): ?

Avg web transaction (without images): ?

Max web transaction (without images): ?

--- Network traffic details ---

Total bytes sent: 0

Total bytes received: 0

Average server bandwidth (Kbits/sec): 0.00

Average user bandwidth (Kbits/sec): 0.00

--- Summary times ---

Virtual Users statistics:

User Pages Time AP/S AT/P

Total work time: 183333

Total pages made: 0

Total average pages per second: 1000.00

--- Errors report ---

Total 880 errors!!!

Net: 880

--- HTTP response codes details ---

Code Count

Guest ROUGHAPPLE

stress_results.gif

Stress results from my computer (won't run on server)

After testing the templates I discovered that they were stalling if code was written after <!-- END: index --> Probably should have realised this sooner but an new to php.

PHP does not use any extra memory or process any more under these circumstances nore through any errors.

The previous results were incorrect! I have removed extra comments from the .tpl files and the app is flying again. Thanks very much for your help.

NOTE: no extra code after <!-- END: -->

Thanks for the help

Guest ROUGHAPPLE

The comments were put in by me when templating the app. That doesn't appear to be the problem but it does make it worse.

I have moved my demo site to a Linux machine with php 4 and it appears to have resolved the issue.

Is anyone out there is running cubecart with php 5 on a Linux server?

I wonder if it would be useful to incorporate xsl and do away with templating, you could then hold the language files as xml and templating would be even easier. This may fit in with any new database class you are thinking about.

Any ideas? The structure is already seperated very nicely.