Same E-Mail Problem in 3.0.6

Guest Andrew T.

Guest Andrew T.

So I installed CC 3.0.6 manually and all went well. But there's still the problem of that it e-mails the admin the right kind of e-mail but send the user nothing. But then if the admin changes the status of the order manually and chooses to notify the user, it simply sends a little e-mail to the user that the order status has been changed. Evil Homer said he had it working fine if 3.0.5. Is this still a bug in 3.0.6? Should I downgrade to 3.0.5??

Does anyone have a perfect and perfectly working install of 3.0.6 yet??

Guest Andrew T.

So EMPeitq, you've got everything working right with 3.0.5? With or without Sir William's e-mail mod? Does yours work like this:

customer and and the admin get a "pending" e-mail after the order is made?

After payment made, status goes to processing automatically and user gets another e-mail??

Does yours work like this, the way it should??

Thanks for your post.

The e-mail works as it is designed to work. That does not necessarily mean that it works as YOU think it should. With that in mind, there may be some further improvements with e-mail options that the admin can choose to enable or disable, but that wouldn't be til a future release.

*/*

seems 3.0.6 is one BIG bug

@cntgifts

Are you sure about this? :P

As far as i know every new release has bugs fixed and alterations/additions added to it. B)

Typing such a message does not help anyone and there doesnt seem to be a question there to answer :huh:

Guest Andrew T.

The e-mail works as it is designed to work...

:P

Is this with version 3.0.6 and is that with or without your e-mail mod? Or is your mod automatically integrated into 3.0.6??

So how exactly should the e-mail process work? Tell me if I'm wrong but I'm under teh impression that it should go like:

User puts the stuff in cart and goes to checkout.

Right after customer leaves the part of the shopping cart right before selecting a payment method, an e-mail is sent to the user (and the admin?) saying an order is now pending, and lists all the items ordered, individual prices, shipping, total, etc.

After payment is made, user (and admin?) gets another e-mail saying the order has been paid for, lists out all the items again and as soon as payment is made, CC automatically changes the status of the order to processing.

So that's how I thought it should work. I installed 3.0.6 and like I said, the admin got a full e-mail, the one I thought the customer should get, but the customer got nothing. Then when I logged into admin and chaged the staus of the order manually and told it to notify the user, the user got a short, one sentece e-mail saying order number: ##### was changed to processing, or whatever.

Is this a bug or did I not do something right??

Thanks Sir William for your post. You are very helpful.

To confirm.

In 3.0.6 the order is sent to the admin once as the customer is transferred to the checkout. This is for a heads up an order has been placed and thus you can ask the customer why it wasn't fullfilled and check to see if payment has been taken.

The order is only sent to the customer when its status is changed to Processing.

90% of the payment gateways will automatically change the status of an order to Processing when a payment is returned as successful.

Hope that clears is up. There is no bug as far as I am concerned. :P

Guest Andrew T.

Yes that does clear things up for me alot. Thank you very much!!! I would hope that PayPal Pro is one of the modules that changes the status to processing automatically since that's what I'll be using.

So if it e-mails the user after it changes to processing, when I changed test orders from pending to processing manually thorugh the admin interface, the customer only got a "Status Changed" e-mail and no order containg all the other info, such as the order contents, shipping, total, etc...

I wonder why........ any thoughts...????

Guest estelle

After you change the status manually from Pending to Processing, the following text will be shown towards the top of the page:

"The status of this order has been changed successfully. At this stage you can send your customer an email invoice and access to download digital products. To do this Click Here"

You need to click where it says "Click Here" in order to send the email to the customer.

Guest Andrew T.

OK, so the user shouldn't get anything period until after the order is paid for and order changed to processing.

When the payment gateway changes the status to Processing, does it automatically send the invoice to the customer as well as change the process or does it just change the process and leave the invoice task up to the admin?

Guest estelle

Yes, when the payment gateway changes the status to Processing the email is automatically sent.

Its only when payment is incomplete or fails, or when the Print Order Form is used that the status has to be changed manually and also the email has to be sent manually by clicking the link.

It sends automatically Andrew. But when the change is manual, the sending of the e-mail is optional and up to the admin. I think the "Click to Send Email" needs to be more plain and easier to notice.

*/*

Guest Andrew T.

OK, this is great! I think I have all the answers I need. I've read like crazy about the paypal stuff so I'm set on that! THe e-mail was my only concern but not any more.

I've learned that when in doubt, forget microsoft tech support, google it and check forums. They are the best source of help.

All you guys have been extrememly helpful and you answered all the questions I had to the fullest.

I like your quote sir will: God Bless & Fly Low.... very nice!!!!

Now onto putting this all to the test. :-D

Guest Andrew T.

OH YEAH!!!!!! I did a test order and used 2co and a gateway but with no valid info. After I got the admin info, I changed the order manually to processing but DID NOT notify the user. THen I clicked the link to make an invoice and saved the status and WALLA!!!!!! BINGO!!! the user got the e-mail and now all is well.... until I go live with this customer's web-site and something goes screwy.

This isn't my site I'm doing all this for but for a customer. I've learned SO much just by reading these forums.....

Thanks yall!!

Guest Huerlimann

In 3.0.6 the order is sent to the admin once as the customer is transferred to the checkout. This is for a heads up an order has been placed and thus you can ask the customer why it wasn't fullfilled and check to see if payment has been taken.

The order is only sent to the customer when its status is changed to Processing.

90% of the payment gateways will automatically change the status of an order to Processing when a payment is returned as successful.

Hope that clears is up. There is no bug as far as I am concerned. :wub:

Could you provide a second gateway, eg. "Print_Order_Form_With_Email" where the customer receives a copy after placing an order? This would allow store admins to decide themselves whether their customers will receive a confirmation email or not.

I believe this email confirmation procedure to be required by law in Germany for any online shop.

• 2 weeks later...