IRC SUPPORT & CHAT

You know a place like this really needs an IRC channel....

Freenode is a good network for projects & things like Cubecart.

I'm chilling over at #cubecart

server: irc.freenode.net

channel: #cubecart

IRC is by far one of the best supplements support wise to forums ^.^

come join ~!!!

PS: if you need a IRC client. www.mirc.com is a good one for windows.

Duplicate effort in this thread

Here is the last post:

I just did.  I've been using the ICQnet IRC servers for over a year now with no problems. They're not over-crowded and don't suffer from the splits and attacks that the bigger networks are plagued with.

Server: ircqnet.icq.com

Port: 6667

Channel: #CubeCart <-- of course

You can get IRC software from any number of places, the most popular of which is mIRC -- http://www.mirc.com/

C'mon in guys, the water's warm!

The channel(s) is brand new. Don't expect 24 hour usage until more people know it exists. My channel on ICQnet has been in use for 2 years+ and has never suffered lag or splits.

The reason I like ICQnet is that last night there were only 3500 people on it where there were 22,000+ people on FreeNode. Fewer people means less lag, less splits, more availability of good names and less spammers/hackers trying to get to people.

I'm on the ICQnet nearly every night and most days for my car club's channel and will stay in the #CubeCart channel as well.

:D

just moved house so broadband won't be going again till 2 days. Will be online a lot more then :D

another thing, if anyone leaves their computer running most of the time, join the irc channels and leave it running :D

• 5 months later...

Yeah not really much advertisin for it out there most people just don't know about it.

Freenode.org is the number #1 development channel. All the big scripts & dev languages ie~ php mysql java pearl javascript etc all have channels there. It's the place to go amigo.

So yeah setup like a link or redirect to it and lets populate it & get it growing!

I stayed in the icqnet channel every day and evening and hardly ever had any company. I finally stopped opening that app every day. I had enough stuff on my taskbar as it was. :D

:errm: