What I would Like to See in the Finnal Version of CubeCart!

Guest Marshalls

Guest Marshalls

Setup & Support = Done

No programming knowledge required = Done

Easy browser based installation wizard = Done

Complete ready to use storefront system = Done

Integrates into your web site's look and feel = easily achieved

Import feature allows easy importing of products, product options, product fields and product attributes = via csv file

Language file, configurable currency symbol and configurable list of states/provinces = Done

All platforms supported such as Unix, Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, MacOS X, Sun OS, etc = Most done

FREE updates and support via toll free phone, support tickets, forum and email for one year

Design & Layout = Done if you have a license :(

Template-based system for easy customization of the complete layout and design = Done

Search engine friendly product pages and links including the ability to generate static HTML pages = Free Mod to do this

Cut and Paste your existing HTML for quick design integration = Template system so done

Easy integration into your sites look and feel = Easily done

Support for both thumbnail and full size images with auto thumbnailing and resizing = Done

Supports multiple display formats from the following: text & thumbnail list, text & thumbnail tiling (with ability to set tile amount) = Easy

Define a preset image height & width for thumbnail images = Can do

Easy to use, one mouse click, color settings changes = Simple css change

HTML or plain text product descriptions = done

Automatic image resizing using GD or Imagick = no

Easily define table widths, background colors, image paths, etc... = Simple css change

Built in CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) support = ???

Email Notifications = done

Administrator and customer order alert with complete order breakdown and information = done

Email customer on order status change as well as shipping with tracking number notification = done

Customer account signup notification with account details and welcome message

Complete newsletter feature with HTML support built in

Administration Area = done

Easy to use, browser based administration = done

Add additional administrator accounts and limit access to certain or all areas in the admin backend = done

Add/Edit/Delete users, admins and groups = done

Create and manage groups for discounted wholesale prices and retail prices = mod ready

Add/Edit/Delete/Import/Export products, product options, product fields and product attributes = done

Add/Edit/Delete vendors and manufacturers = no

Edit/Delete product reviews = no

Add/Edit/Delete categories and subcategories = done

View/Edit/Update/Delete transactions = done

Ability to generate transaction statistics = no

Print a package listing to ship with items to your customers = done

Edit orders after they are placed for last minute changes = done i think

Easy "point and click" settings changes = done

Easily manage general, shipping, payment, tax, area, templates, currency rates = done

Backup, and import templates, or create your own templates for importing into the cart = done

Easily backup your database to a backup file for fast backup and fast restoration in minutes = via phpmyadmin

Add/Edit/Delete coupons and discounts = mod ready

Product Management = done

Add unlimited products = done

Option to import and export products easily using csv file format from excel = done

Assign your own SKU's to your products = can be done

Add products to multiple categories or subcategories = done

Assign manufacturers for easy searching by manufacturer or brand = no

Assign vendors for your own use or for added drop shipping capabilities = no

HTML or plain text product descriptions and overviews = done

Add META keywords and descriptions for custom META tags for each product page = done with search engine mod

Add standard image and thumbnail with optional image resizing = done

Add unlimited additional images for added product appeal = done with mod

Option to set group specific products available to one or all groups = done

Ability to set your prices in addition to optional retail price for comparison or sale price for sales = no

Ability to set number in stock for product inventory control = done

Ability to set flags to charge tax or set as a new or featured item = no

Ability to set product as viewable or not = done with mod

Ability to set group specific pricing to distinguish product pricing for each group = done with mod

Ability to set fixed shipping prices = done

Ability to set certain products to ship separately and specify weight, box length, box width and box height for it = done

Ability to set maximum number of that product that can fit in a box for shipping calculations = no

Ability to charge or not charge shipping for certain items = done

Support for digital and physical goods. Allow your customers to download their purchases from their account after payment. = done

Add unlimited downloads to each product = done

Add unlimited product options for each product with ability to charge more for selections as well as add to weights = done

Ability to set base price based on the options selected = done

Add unlimited product attributes for each product = done

Add unlimited custom fields for each product = no

Ability to add unlimited related products = done with mod

Category Management = done

Unlimited categories and subcategories with unlimited subcategory depth = done

Ability to upload images for individual categories and subcategories = done

Ability to add a description to each category or subcategory = done

Option to set group specific categories and subcategories available to one or all groups = done with mod

Ability to flag categories and subcategories as viewable or not viewable = no

Customer Service = thats you not the cart

All orders stored in MySQL database = done

Sensitive information is encrypted to guard against potential security problems = done

Wishlist feature so your customers can add their favorite items to a list and email to their friends and family= done with mod

Product reviews for more interactive shopping = no

Customers can log in and view their order history for review and status as well as get tracking information = done

When reviewing orders customers can ask questions or see notes left by the administration = done

Automated emailing after signup or ordering for fast response time to customers = kinda

Customers can login and maintain their accounts = done

Password reminder for customers done

Security = done

HTTP and HTTPS support with both shared and standard SSL certificate support = done

Sensitive information is encrypted to guard against potential security problems = done

Password-protected administrative access = odne

Search Engine Optimization = agian you do that

Search engine friendly product pages and links including the ability to generate static HTML pages = done

All pages can be easily indexed for all major search engines and crawlers = done

Set your own meta-tags for every product and other pages throughout the cart

Product Catalog = done

Easy navigation for less confusion while shopping = done

Fast and friendly search and advanced search features = done

Automated display of bestsellers and specials = done

HTML or plain text product descriptions= doen

Coupon codes and quantity discounts = done with mod

Gift Card System, Printable gift cards on your site for customers to give to people = done with mod

Search engine friendly product pages and links including the ability to generate static HTML pages = done with mod

Display current inventory and allow/disallow adding of items that are out of stock

Unlimited product options with optional price modifiers

Add custom fields to collect data for any item

Display addition product information using product attribute feature

Shipping and Tax

Collect tax for any state, state with county, country or zip code and define a separate rate for each area you collect from

Real-time USPS, UPS, Australia Post, InterShipper, FedEx, DHL, Canada Post and other shipping calculation by product and total order weight.

Support for international shipping

Flat rate shipping per-pound, per-item, per-order or by percent of total

Shipping table for shipping by order total or weight total with ability to set different prices for other countries based on your location

Ability to set items to be shipped free

Add handling charges

Set product specific shipping costs

Ser products as shippable all together in one box or separate boxes with there own dimensions

Allow your customers to choose shipping method (w/real-time calculation only)

Easy to print packing slips and invoices

Payment Options

Accept check, money order, purchase orders and credit cards

Manual offline credit card processing support by default

Accept PayPal payments w/ IPN support for real-time processing with PayPal

30+ real-time processing addon modules built in

Real-time credit card processing modules available as "Added Extras"

Froogle feed support for auto generation of froogle formatted data and automatic submission to froogle servers

Currency conversion and ability to update exchange rates within seconds

Built in support for affiliate programs such a Post Affiliate Pro and iDevAffiliate

QuickBooks and regular transaction export by tab or comma delimited files

Anyone has anything els to add they would like to see? :)

now i know some of this is allready be in CC, this is just what i would like to see compiled into the finnal version of cube cart! I think most of this stuff is pritty important!

And I dont know if i speak for everyone, But I wish we didnt have to get all these mods from all kinds of diffrent places. I just feel most of them should be in cube cart from the getgo!

:errm:

Brooky can you let me know what you think of some of this stuff? I think cube cart could use these strong features!

Edited by Marshalls

Guest Marshalls

Um. I'm speechless.

How much are you planning to pay for this bloated monstrosity?

Well, I would be willing spend what its worth!

And I wouldnt expect it to be free at all, You know if the features are rich people will pay!

Quality says something..

Dont get me wrong C.C. is great.. But as my store grows i feel its lacking things i could use that i once had with yahoo stores. yahoo sucks though and having full controll over your database and so on is much more rewarding as a store admin. that is why i use CC :errm: its a good buncha scripts.

Ok, since I'm unwilling to edit your novel, why not go line by line and mark off the things in that list that CubeCart already does....cause there are more things on that list that it does do than the things that it doesn't.

:errm:

Guest woodbtreasures

Gee...you don't ask for much do you :(:errm:

I know that I probably missed some, but here is a much more concise (though still ridiculously long) list.

A few things I can answer for you. The SEO will probably never happen. It doesn't work right on a windows server, and the majority of the paid liscense's are for people on windows servers. He'd be biting the hand that feeds him so to speak.

The rest of this crap is all already available...most for free to next to nothing so I don't even understand what you're bitching about. No one program can be all things to all people. And I guarantee you that there are a lot of people out there that simply don't care about any of this.

My advise...find a good modder and pay them.

*Anyway, on to the list*

No programming knowledge required

Import feature allows easy importing of products, product options, product fields and product attributes

Search engine friendly product pages and links including the ability to generate static HTML pages

Cut and Paste your existing HTML for quick design integration

Easy integration into your sites look and feel

Supports multiple display formats from the following: text & thumbnail list, text & thumbnail tiling (with ability to set tile amount)

Define a preset image height & width for thumbnail images

Easy to use, one mouse click, color settings changes

Automatic image resizing using GD or Imagick

Email customer on order status change as well as shipping with tracking number notification

Customer account signup notification with account details and welcome message

Create and manage groups for discounted wholesale prices and retail prices

Add/Edit/Delete/Import/Export products, product options, product fields and product attributes

Add/Edit/Delete vendors and manufacturers

Edit/Delete product reviews

Ability to generate transaction statistics

Edit orders after they are placed for last minute changes

Easily backup your database to a backup file for fast backup and fast restoration in minutes-Why...just use phpMYadmin...

Add/Edit/Delete coupons and discounts

Option to import and export products easily using csv file format from excel

Add products to multiple categories or subcategories

Assign manufacturers for easy searching by manufacturer or brand

Assign vendors for your own use or for added drop shipping capabilities

Add META keywords and descriptions for custom META tags for each product page

Add standard image and thumbnail with optional image resizing

Add unlimited additional images for added product appeal

Option to set group specific products available to one or all groups

Ability to set your prices in addition to optional retail price for comparison or sale price for sales

Ability to set flags to charge tax or set as a new or featured item

Ability to set product as viewable or not

Ability to set group specific pricing to distinguish product pricing for each group

Ability to set fixed shipping prices

Ability to set certain products to ship separately and specify weight, box length, box width and box height for it

Ability to set maximum number of that product that can fit in a box for shipping calculations

Ability to charge or not charge shipping for certain items

Support for digital and physical goods. Allow your customers to download their purchases from their account after payment.

Add unlimited product options for each product with ability to charge more for selections as well as add to weights

Ability to set base price based on the options selected

Add unlimited product attributes for each product

Add unlimited custom fields for each product

Ability to add unlimited related products

Category Management

Ability to add a description to each category or subcategory

Option to set group specific categories and subcategories available to one or all groups

Ability to flag categories and subcategories as viewable or not viewable

Customer Service

Sensitive information is encrypted to guard against potential security problems

Wishlist feature so your customers can add their favorite items to a list and email to their friends and family

Product reviews for more interactive shopping

Customers can log in and view their order history for review and status as well as get tracking information

When reviewing orders customers can ask questions or see notes left by the administration

Automated emailing after signup or ordering for fast response time to customers

Customers can login and maintain their accounts

Search Engine Optimization

Search engine friendly product pages and links including the ability to generate static HTML pages

All pages can be easily indexed for all major search engines and crawlers

Set your own meta-tags for every product and other pages throughout the cart

Product Catalog

Coupon codes and quantity discounts

Gift Card System, Printable gift cards on your site for customers to give to people

Add custom fields to collect data for any item

Display addition product information using product attribute feature

Shipping and Tax

Collect tax for any state, state with county, country or zip code and define a separate rate for each area you collect from

Real-time USPS, UPS, Australia Post, InterShipper, FedEx, DHL, Canada Post and other shipping calculation by product and total order weight.

Flat rate shipping per-pound, per-item, per-order or by percent of total

Shipping table for shipping by order total or weight total with ability to set different prices for other countries based on your location

Set product specific shipping costs

Ser products as shippable all together in one box or separate boxes with there own dimensions

Payment Options

Manual offline credit card processing support by default

Real-time credit card processing modules available as "Added Extras"

Currency conversion and ability to update exchange rates within seconds

Built in support for affiliate programs such a Post Affiliate Pro and iDevAffiliate

QuickBooks and regular transaction export by b or comma delimited files

I started to edit your first post but sorry got bored you repeated stuff 3/4 times and more or less just listed the features of cubecart I suggest you do a bit of reading as 95% of what you ask is already achievable.

Guest Marshalls

Hey, everyone is jumping on me like im saying cube cart sucks or something or like im bitching,..

IN NO WAY DID I BITCH, I SAID THAT THESE ARE THINGS ID LIKE TO SEE IN THE FINNAL RELEASE JESUS!

I KNOW IT ALLREADY HAS 94% OF THIS STUFF.. THIS IS A RECAP ON WHAT ID LIKE TO SEE FOR A FINNAL RELEASE!

AND I GOT THIS LIST FROM YAHOO SHOPPING CARTS. CAUSE THATS WHO I USED TO HAVE!!

THERE CART IS GREAT BUT YAHOO SUCKS TO WORK WITH.

I was just saying that.. omg its a waste of breath.. forget it everyone..

i allready said cube cart has some of these. im aware of that, you dont need to keep pointing that out.. maby if you read the whole thing you would have seen what i posted at the end of the long list..

oh well i love cube cart and i love you! :(

Edit orders after they are placed for last minute changes = done i think

That is one i dont think is done, i cant figure out how to change a order with out using the admin sql and changin the order in there.

I think it would be great to be able to edit there order say if you change there price or a item is out of stock, cause as of now i cant see where you edit there order after its placed.. maby im just blind */*

Guest cntgifts

a mod plug in system so it dont touch main files so we can update hwne new upodates come out easily without havign to use winmerge to go over evey file or losing allk of our mods and isntalling a fresh copy

Guest Marshalls

I have phplive on my site for live support, Its wonderful and a god sent to my support, its like having a support ticket system as people can leave msgs if your not on live to talk with. maby a built in live support system would be cool to add to cube cart later later down the road when C.C. is near finnal release. I think that would be a cool option to have for C.C. Admins/Customers.

• 4 months later...

LOL I just saw this topic for the first time and all my hair instantly fell out. Now I'm completely bald.... and ginger. :w00t:

(Hang on doen't that make me EvilHomer!??! ROFLMFAO)

@northwalesinks

The UK postal services are so backwards it's not really possible to do this. Strangely enough I almost phoned Parcel Force this morning to ask them if they will ever get off their ass and build an API.

Real time quotes would be great but the delivery companies need to implement the technology before we can.

I'm sure people won't be disapointed with 3.1. The damn bank holiday weekend has thrown me a bit this week and I've spent the last 2 days solid answering tech support emails.

No rest for the wicked. Over and out Boris. :w00t:

I'm completely bald.... and ginger.

(Hang on doen't that make me EvilHomer!??! ROFLMFAO)

;) I'm not quite bald..................yet :w00t: The only reason i am losing my hair is through being over worked in the Cubecart Office.

Homer do this

Homer do that

Homer get me a cup of tea

Homer get me a pizza

:w00t:

Hi

This for brooky, quick ? 4 u can't you use this exel price table for parcelforce at all

Tariff for services available to non account holders

Click here to download xls and CSV versions of our current prices. (37 kb). Select the Parcelforce Worldwide service required and the cost is indicated in the relevant consignment weight column.

You said UK are backwards in this dept but didn't help me at all. Not having go at all just asking thats all

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sound

Final version?? pfff

I think we'll still be getting new releases in 10 years time..

But that's ok; considering there'll allways be new improvements.

Won't they?