I'm lost among all the 3.07 fixes

I have a 3.05 board that is down, taken offline by my upstream tech support to stop the attacks. As you can imagine, that also means I have a very unhappy store owner who wants to know why I can't put her store back online - and what data have been lost, if any. A TS ticket to CC asking to confirm 3.07 is stable has gone unanswered for about 24 hours but meanwhile, the threads here are telling me there are unresolved issues.

After reading the "don't install 3.07" thread, I am totally confused. Let me say I greatly appreciate the diligence and persistence of people like Sir W, Aikdo, Goober, etc. -

If Sir W's fix is definitive, final and complete, I can't tell, what with all the forth and back about corrections. As I read the thread, my eyes glaze over. Each correction of a correction makes me more and more confused. I can't tell if any of those corrections have been updated into Sir William's suggested upgrade. And the last thing I need is a "fix" that needs fixing. I also have been delaying launching a custom mod that one of the fine CC modders here has defined until this vulnerability is finally fixed.

So I have to ask for a clear specific unequivocal response - is there a dependable, complete upgrade from 3.05 to 3.07 that will fix the problem without needing tweaks to it? May I have a URL?

TIA

And BTW, I have an appointment Tuesday afternoon (New York time) to pick up a check for a new store by a customer who is upgrading his site from a static brochure to CC.

Before I start work on it, I sure would like to know if I should install 3.07 or wait until Sir W's fix of it has been incorporated, let's say as 3.07.1 or 3.08 or whatever the version numbering scheme requires.

TIA

Edited by jerseyjoe

Joe, there will be a release in the next 24 hours which will likely be 3.0.7-PL1. It will include modified versions of Aikdo's and Goober's patch as well as my fixes. This latest version will have all the holes fixed that we've been able to find. And believe me, I went through EVERY include statement in CubeCart.

:w00t:

Guest forefront

Lordy ... I just upgraded to 3.0.7 two days ago. I uploaded only the affected files in the 3.0.7.-PL1 list -- BUT -- when I login to the backend, it keeps telling me there are updates available. How do I let the cart know it's been updated to 3.0.7.-PL1? I image there's an additional file that needs to be uploaded that contains the version information.

It would be really handy to have an additional update package that only contains the affected files that need to be replaced so that the entire system doesn't have to be re-uploaded.

if you have updated to 3.0.7pl1 then this should have stoped the flashing alert of an update...

If you have just applied the patch then it will not because you haven't updated the script but only patched it, there where other changes in the release of 3.0.7-pl1

Guest theorbo

My understanding was that brooky is working on a release which will fix that, dingfelder. He stated it was a fair amount of programming. I figure it might be a while. Unless you just like playing 6-gun roulette, I'd suggest you patch now.

Guest timecrisis

Hi All,

Does the "3.0.7-pl1" patch solve any problems earlier patches seemed to be causing with PayPal updating order status?

Thanks - Keep up the good work =)

Guest sunshine

My understanding was that brooky is working on a release which will fix that, dingfelder. He stated it was a fair amount of programming. I figure it might be a while. Unless you just like playing 6-gun roulette, I'd suggest you patch now.

LOL

Agreed you may as well take a gun to your own head if you dont patch, brooky is working on the constants version but it is a VERY big job and will prity much require a compleate rewrite of the script...

Guest forefront

I only uploaded the files that were indicated in the "PL1 changed files" list posted here. That's not good enough? It's tiresome to keep re-uploading the entire file structure over and over again, but I will if I have to.

Guest sunshine

Forefront,

Have you changed the version link to your current one? Or, it should stop blinking if the latest update was made. These 2 things will cause it to continue flashing :)

version change link

Edited by sunshine