Viewing offline store 3.0.8

Guest reeko357

Just installed 3.0.8

It seems that the ability to view the store while offline is no longer possible.

Is there anyway to fix this?

I, too, cannot acces the offline store since upgrading to 3.0.8

I got the same problem since I have upgraded to 3.0.8

It seems that the ability to view the store while offline is no longer possible.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Guest RubySlipper

I had this problem with the installation of 3.0.6. As a last resort I deleted the database, and re-uploaded everything and it worked OK after that.

I thougt my problem may have been because i had 2 databases on the server at the same time, so i could transfer info easily from one DB to the new one. I just did a SQL database dump and deleted both databases and started from scratch.

Hope this helps

RS

I had this problem with the installation of 3.0.6. As a last resort I deleted the database, and re-uploaded everything and it worked OK after that.

I thougt my problem may have been because i had 2 databases on the server at the same time, so i could transfer info easily from one DB to the new one. I just did a SQL database dump and deleted both databases and started from scratch.

Hope this helps

RS

Ok, I just deleted the whole thing (including all the database tables) and installed from fresh download of 3.0.8 and I still can't access the store while offline and logged in as admin. :D

forevernoob

Guest reeko357

Hope this helps

RS

OK...but are you using 3.0.8. now?

I'm maintaining 5 carts on 3 servers, all have the same problem all are 3.0.8.

To reinstall all 5 from scratch is more than drastic. :D

Guest RubySlipper

I am using 3.0.8 now and i do have the problem of not being able to view off-line, but i have found a way around it.

I leave the store turned on in the admin panel but set up a re-direction on my server. I have a seperate site on my server called "something-offline" just made in dreamweaver which has the page with all the pretty images and saying "sorry we are under construction etc".

Whenever i want to take the store off-line i just set up a temporary re-direction on my server so that any traffic going to myStore.com now goes to myStore.com/off-line.

For my part, it takes about 10 secs to turn on and off, as i just have to log into the server to change it.

It's not the best solution, but works.

I think the problem in CC is with the admin sessions. If the store is turned off you need an admin session to access it and it's not letting you do that, it defaults to display the off-line version.

Guest cacofonix3

im trying to work this out as you speek, but im slightly stumped at one peice of code and so will be consulting brooky about it in the morning...

Same problem...

• 2 weeks later...