Credit Card Validation Script

As many of you may know development of 3.1.0 has started. One of its features is to have improved Credit Card validation to work under all the payment gateways where credit cards are manually entered.

e.g. PayPal Direct Payment

Attached is a Credit Card validation class with test script which we would be really grateful for people to test.

It will detect any of the following cards:

- MasterCard

- Visa

- American Express

- Diners

- Discover

- JCB

- Australian Bank Card

- enRoute

- Electron

- Delta

- Solo

- Maestro

- Switch

All require an expiry date but switch/solo/maestro all also require an issue number or issue date.

Please can you let me know if any cards are missing and if this class works/doesn't work for you credit card?

*PLEASE ONLY RUN THIS SCRIPT OVER SSL*

n.b. It doesn't collect any data whatsoever but merely tests if the card is valid and no charges will be made as there is no connection to any merchant account/bank.

Simply upload the two files in the archive to your server and run test.php in your browser.

All code remains copyright of Devellion Ltd and must not be redistributed from this website or sold.

A demo of this script can be found on this server: https://www.cubecart.com/validateCard/test.php

validateCard.zip

Guest gwizard

Brooky,

I actually wrote my own validation routines for the MCC mod.

It's been extensivelly tested by both me, Mercury QuickTest Pro and my many people who bought it.

Do you want me to send you the updated functions.inc.php with the routines ?

I don't mind you using them as long as you give me a small credit :wacko:

Thanks it will be good to have a look just to see how it may be done differently and if there is anything extra we need to consdier.

Remember one of my key issues is for it to work for all credit cards. American, Austrailan, European etc...

I found lots of examples of scripts on the net and used their basic ideas of mod10 and regex.

Guest gwizard

As far as I know, all the cards numbers are the same no matter what country you got it issued from.

It must be done so for international compatability.

Let's say I have a Visa card that I can use everywhere.

It's number must be consistent with ALL the shops in the world.

I am sending you my functions for review.

Please be aware that IsraCard is a local Israeli card and it has a slightly different algo then the rest of them.

You have no idea how tough it was to get the formula :wacko:

I sent it to info AT devellion DOT com

• 5 months later...

HI i just wonder how to get the details from any crdit cards ? as name ? address? validation ?exp.from . ect .... or any web can help ? :)

Brooky,

It's been extensivelly tested by both me, Mercury QuickTest Pro and my many people who bought it.

I don't mind you using them as long as you give me a small credit ;)

HI i just wonder how to get the details from any crdit cards ? as name ? address? validation ?exp.from . ect .... or any web can help ? ;)

Brooky,

HI i just wonder how to get the details from any crdit cards ? as name ? address? validation ?exp.from . ect .... or any web can help ? :)

Brooky,

yes please it would be great help ,dont worried about the rest i will take care .

thanks

:)

Brooky,