Forum Rule Changes

Recently many forum members have been abusing our forum rules. This has become aparent especially now we have removed the "Shameless Promotions" forum.

Please note the change to clause 12 of the rules:

Promotional URL's, advertisements and external affiliate links are not allowed in forum posts and profile signatures. Members must not link to or promote in anyway their own or other members services relating to CubeCart in these forums. This includes and is not exclusive to, mods/hack/template stores, hosting and design services. The ONLY exclusion to this rule is that you may provide a link to your CubeCart powered web store IF it does NOT provide products or services related to CubeCart.

Common questions:

“Can I have my CubeCart affiliate link in my signature?” - Yes, we believe this encourages help and reward.

“If a member is after a modification/feature/service (etc) I have or another member has, can I point them to it?” - No, this is not allowed however you may politely tell them that 3rd party contributions are available at CubeCart.org that will/may suit thier needs. This give the user freedom to browse and choose freely.

The forums are not a venue for advertisements in any way. It will be the sole discretion of Devellion Ltd and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.

Members who do not adhere to these rules may be permantently banned from the forums after their first initial warning. Please can everybody update their forum signatures at the first possible opportunity otherwise they may be updated for you. This applies to every forum member.