3.1.0 - Will it change the registration system?

With 3.1.0 on the horizon, I figure I should find out if the registration / login systems will change from what's currently in 3.0.10 before I hire someone to integrate CC3 with another piece of software.

At the current time, I have CC3 and Seditio running my site, with CC3 handling catalog and sales, and Seditio handling the CMS side. Right now, customers have to register 2 separate accounts and login separately to use both parts of the site.

I'd like to hire someone to integrate the registration/login systems between the two, but not if 3.1.0 is going to force the project to be repeated. If the registration/login system is going to change between 3.0.10 and 3.1.0, then I'll hold off on the custom project until 3.1.0 is out.

Now that I've explained WHY I'm asking, can someone confirm whether the registration/login systems for 3.1.0 will be the same as 3.0.10 or if they will be different in any way?

Thanks.

Guest Brivtech

I think we'd all love a list of new features, and changes from 3.0.10, but seems at the moment, we still need to be patient for a while longer.

Out project has in part been put on hold because of the very same problem you have - We don't know if particular parts of CubeCart are being significantly modified, and what new features are included. As has been suggested, the new release of CubeCart 3.1.0 will be sometime in the summer, and I'm guessing that it's within a couple of months. There hasn't been any beta testing yet, so there's still some groundwork to cover.

My advice, would be to wait it out if possible. But once again, I appeal to the greater powers to please release some details, if not a full list, a provisional list of changes that can be confirmed at this date would be a really big help. We've seen some tempting snippets, and it's getting everyone excited, although a little frustrated as well.

While you can't put this in stone, I'm not aware of any changes that would adversely affect hooking the two databases together, but I won't guarantee that. The checkout process is being reworked including the registration, but what matters for you is the content of the database, not the front end. So I believe you'll be ok.

But that's just my semi-educated opinion....I could be wrong.

;)

It sounds like I'll be better off waiting until 3.1.0 is out before moving ahead with this.

While the database IS the important thing, I was planning on modifying the registration/login PHP files to accomplish the integration.

Guest gwizard

Alan, don't mod CC reg page, but instead mod Seiditio's and remove cc reg page completelly.

That way, people would sign up in Seiditio and CC would recognize them at once.

I've made integration of phpBB forum with CC for myself. Works very nice :(