FCKeditor Version 2.3 Beta

Guest digilution

Guest digilution

I am going to beg for this one :D

I have had numerous problems with my old FCKeditor and tried my luck at using the 2.2 version in the download section. I could not get it functioning properly so tried reading up about FCKeditor and am none the wiser :blink: I eventually uploaded the 2.3 beta version and what a pleasure to work with but the same problem when I try to insert images or upload images.

Is there some kind sole out there who has the 2.3 Beta version up and working with CC. Pleeeeze can I have a modified copy for CC :)

Guest Brivtech

I'm just about to play around with this - We want to improve the FCK functionality.

I'll post my results as I can make them.

Guest digilution

I'm just about to play around with this - We want to improve the FCK functionality.

I'll post my results as I can make them.

Scholar :)

Just a plug that I'd be very interested in fckeditor 2.3 for CubeCart 3.0.10 as well. :)

I'm using the tabbed descriptions mod and with 3 text areas in the "edit product" page it loads rather slowly. ;)

As 2.3 is supposed to load much faster, I'm hopeful that it will help make that page load more quickly.

Thanks!

It does load MUCH faster. I'm not using it within CC3 yet, but rather in an additional module I'm developing. It's nice so far. When it's done, I'll do it up for CC3 as well.

:(

Guest digilution

It does load MUCH faster. I'm not using it within CC3 yet, but rather in an additional module I'm developing. It's nice so far. When it's done, I'll do it up for CC3 as well.

:(

Cool :)

Guest microdrome

:dizzy:

FCKeditor 2.3b works for me now.

And how to make it work ? especially the file browser with upload.

Since I also tried 2.2 with no luck (including the modified version which can be found elsewhere in this forum) I decided why not try 2.3b

Same result of course ,but I wanted desperate to make it work because I use the " tabbed description mod" were it loads 3 times !!

and I wanted to make a lot of links and insert a lot of pictures in a easy way.

So after comparing version 2.0 and 2.2 I came up with the following :

find fckconfig.js (in admin\\rte) and find the lines which look like this:

FCKConfig.FlashBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Type=Image&Connector=connectors/'

There are 3 of these for image,link and flash , now replace the "Type= ... " with "Type=uploads" so that they almost look the same at the end.

Now al that remains is to use the filemanager files from the 2.2 package . that is all below the \editor\filemanager tree

I know this is not the nicest way to solve things but ,but why not ?

It now loads a lot quicker and the filebrowser is fast enough.

And for those who had/have the same problems using the filebrowser and got an error after upload saying: "invalid file" I also have the solution: this only happens if you try to upload a "not allowed" file or - a file with a upper case extension -

This only happens on case sensitive server such as linus and to make it work you have to edit the config'.php under the filebrowsers - just put the upper case extension along with the other "allowed"

upload\php and \connectors\php

All this is done by a lot of hours of trial and error so dont ask me how and be aware that there could be security issues.

And dont forget to clear your browser cache and reload the page or you won't see the difference.

I'm just curious if Tiny MCE editor has ever been evaluated as well. It's a drop-in replacement like FCKEditor and does seem to be rather faster and cleaner.

Guest Brivtech

I'm glad everyone got the integration sorted, I still haven't had the time to do anything with it. Perhaps this could be an opportunity to see if the Tiny MCE editor would be a better choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Only just saw this post.

After having hell trying to get the filemanager/image upload working I downloaded the recent version and I've been hacking it for a week to get it to work.

Now what do I do with this code so that others can try it out? I can't just post hack instructions sorry as I cannot honestly say 100% which files I ended up modifying to get it to work.

It's the rte folder in a zip file, so you just delete the rte folder and replace it with the one I have and then modify two config.php files with the path of your files.

It also recognises the product uploads folder so that you can use your product images as well as ones you upload yourself.

• 3 weeks later...