Paypal/Godaddy-RESOLVED!

Been fighting this for 2 weeks.

Solution- YOU MUST HAVE A WEBSITE PRO ACCOUNT!!!

NOT JUST A BUSINESS ACCOUNT. YOU MUST ADD THE LINE OF CODE FOR THE "cURL"

With all this in place it works. Run "info.php" to see if cURL is enabled.

Thanks

OH! Can someone tell me were I can change the success page. I need to and a link to that page.

Jim :ninja::rolly::rolly::rolly: :P

• 2 months later...

Guest mashurst

this also really helped me with the godaddy problems, looked forever and tried several things that were close, but this was the exact fix. there is already a support answer supplied by cubecart, but this answer also gives you the whole file rewritten exactly with the right curl proxy numbers already in it. despite trying to mod the existing file, i had to use the paypal kb 289 file for paypal direct payment to work.

answer 289

using the PayPal PHP SDK on GoDaddy

Question

I'm having trouble making an API call using the PayPal PHP SDK. I am hosting with GoDaddy and am seeing curl errors in the API logs like: curl_exec error 28 socket error: 110

Answer

Per http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?articl...88&topic_id ,GoDaddy is setup to use a proxy server. This means you will need to edit the PHP SDK to make it work on GoDaddy servers.

The file you will want to edit is HTTP.php which is located under Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/ in the SDK directory.

You will need to add the following line to this file to make it so that the SDK works on GoDaddy servers:

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY,"http://64.202.165.130:3128");

You can download a copy of a HTTP.php file that already has this edit from http://www.paypaltech.com/Patrick/content/...DK/HTTP.php.txt

==============================

Steps to use modified HTTP.php

============================

1. Copy the text from http://www.paypaltech.com/Patrick/content/...DK/HTTP.php.txt into a new text file and save this file as "HTTP.php"

2. Upload this new HTTP.php file to your web server, and place it in <SDK_ROOT>/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport. This action will overwrite the current, un-modified HTTP.php file with the new one.

3. Test your API call again to see if you get a different result.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest kaskudoo

does this apply to the new released version of cc 3.0.13 as well?

to the first post: website pro account where? at godaddy or paypal? and where is the difference?

i will tryout the new version of cc with godaddy and paypal today - wish me luck :sleep:

i changed the Http file according to the post by Al and the direct payment method worked for the first time (i got blank pages before after submission - now it actually gave me an okay in CC as well in paypal)

i have to work out sth. with email - i will configure the smtp method and then also try express checkout ... so far so good :)

edit:

btverli .... i ended up switching from godaddy to another host and experienced no more problems there. i also spoke with some other carts support on the phone and they weren't surprised that cubecart didn't work entirely on godaddy - they also would not have offered me support of their own cart software on godaddy and explained it with "they limit the php functionality on their servers"

i am no php guy, so i wouldn't know - all i know is, that it works now that i am off of godaddy :) (i did enjoy their service otherwise though and still have my domains registered through em)

• 2 weeks later...