Nochex

One of my clients will be using cube cart with nochex. On Nochex's website they no customer sign up for payment.

I initally set up an account - when I realised it would take several days to fully set up the account. I left it (cos i need to to know today). Anyways i enabled the nochex gateway -put my email address. Then put a small item in from my own store and it said you would need to sign up to nochex to pay for it.

If anyone can show me a working nochex payment gateway it would be greatly appreicated.

Guest peanutp

One of my clients will be using cube cart with nochex. On Nochex's website they no customer sign up for payment.

I initally set up an account - when I realised it would take several days to fully set up the account. I left it (cos i need to to know today). Anyways i enabled the nochex gateway -put my email address. Then put a small item in from my own store and it said you would need to sign up to nochex to pay for it.

If anyone can show me a working nochex payment gateway it would be greatly appreicated.

Nochex and Cubecart is quite limited im afraid; I tried to set it up, but you will never get the full features (reduce stock level, clear cart, auto emails to cust, etc....) working. Paypal IPN is the best way if you don't have a proper (expensive) gateway with someone like worldpay, hsbc, etc...

Hopefully in the future there will be improved support for nochex and cubecart, as I dont like paypal, but have to use them.

I did put a request in cubecart.org for a full feature mod to be created for nochex. No takers yet though!!

Hope this helps.

Peter.

Guest hennaboy

Isnt that a setting in your nochex account...... i think if you change your account to a seller account (xtra i think they call it) then this enables you to sell without them signing up first.

Guest DeeLondon

I believe it is possible to sell to someone using NoChex without them needing to sign up first as long as the total transaction is £100 or less?

I really want a system that works with NoChex and can reduce stock levels, this is because I wish to sell tickets for events on a coach and so the number of stock items is basically the same as number of seats on the coach... so it's very important for me to not oversell. And I really don't want to use PayPal cos I hear they provide less protection to sellers then NoChex does, I've had 1 person before try to rip me off on an event but paying to attend (wih 2 friends), then attending with 1 less person then originally booked for, then me refunding them 1 ticket and then them 2 months later trying to get back everything from their credit card (for all three of them) as if they never attended in the first place.

Luckily I had group photos of all of them and could prove they came.

Anyway is everyone saying CubeCart 3.10 WILL reduce stock levels for sure on Pay Pal but not NoChex .. are there any other UK gateways Cube Carts will work with on stocklevels?

Guest peanutp

I believe it is possible to sell to someone using NoChex without them needing to sign up first as long as the total transaction is £100 or less?

I really want a system that works with NoChex and can reduce stock levels, this is because I wish to sell tickets for events on a coach and so the number of stock items is basically the same as number of seats on the coach... so it's very important for me to not oversell. And I really don't want to use PayPal cos I hear they provide less protection to sellers then NoChex does, I've had 1 person before try to rip me off on an event but paying to attend (wih 2 friends), then attending with 1 less person then originally booked for, then me refunding them 1 ticket and then them 2 months later trying to get back everything from their credit card (for all three of them) as if they never attended in the first place.

Luckily I had group photos of all of them and could prove they came.

Anyway is everyone saying CubeCart 3.10 WILL reduce stock levels for sure on Pay Pal but not NoChex .. are there any other UK gateways Cube Carts will work with on stocklevels?

You are correct about the £100 limit with nochex.

You do need a full business account with them to accept international payments though, the basic trader account is not suffcient.

Paypal does reduce stock levels if you have the IPN setup (see tutorial on cubecart.org) and will clear basket, send emails to cust, etc.... Does work pretty well most of the time. Just take your time when setting up and following the instructions to the letter.

The only other way to have the same kind of features as paypal API is to use an expensive gateway from a bank like hsbc or from someone like worldpay. You will also need a merchant account, which are also expensive.

I tried nochex and could not get to give the functionality of paypal; managed to get the customer data forwarded across, but nothing more :-( as much as i hate paypal, they are the best for me at the moment, as I do not have enough trading history for the banks. Perhaps cubecart admin are working on a full feature mod for nochex in the next release??? I know there is a big release in the future, so you never know.

By the sounds of it you have got it covered with the photos! Just make all your customers agree to a mugshot in the terms and conditions prior to sale!! lol In all seriousness, that is not practical, but chargebacks do happen with other payment gateways and are not limited to paypal, so you might as well give them a go.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried nochex and could not get to give the functionality of paypal; managed to get the customer data forwarded across, but nothing more :-(

Peter.

Can I just ask you to explain a little more what nochex does and doesn't do with regards to sending confirmation emails? I do not need stock control but I do want nochex and cc to email the customer and me a confirmation of the order and payment. Is all that possible?

Many thanks,

S

Guest peanutp

I tried nochex and could not get to give the functionality of paypal; managed to get the customer data forwarded across, but nothing more :-(

Peter.

Can I just ask you to explain a little more what nochex does and doesn't do with regards to sending confirmation emails? I do not need stock control but I do want nochex and cc to email the customer and me a confirmation of the order and payment. Is all that possible?

Many thanks,

S

Hi Sharon - From my experience, Nochex and Cubecart will only do the following:

• Send across the customer details across to Nochex; the name, address, telephone, email, etx.. fields will then be populated when the customer enters Nochex.

They do not do the following:

• Change the Order status to Processing
  • Send out order confirmation emails :-(
  • Reduce stock levels
  • Empty basket upon returning to cubecart
  • redirect to order confirmation screen

I gave up in the end, paypal was less painful, although that is painful to say! lol

If you do ever get anywhere or find someone to develop a full feature mod for nochex, please let me know.

Thanks

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tony_B

I've only just realised that the Nochex mod is almost useless :) Nochex has the capability to send back info to the site, much the same as paypal to update orders etc. A HUGE shame that the current mod in no way integrates with this.

I wish I'd known from the start as it means a LOT of wasted hours and a little wasted cash, licensing a more or less useless (at least for our purposes) shopping cart system and stocking it. Silly me presumed that when it said it works with Nochex it would integrate properly :(

If anyone has had one written for them at a reasonable cost I'd love to know. I hate to waste all the work put in so far :(

Oh - and for what it's worth, on request by you to nochex, a new customer can spend £300 at your store without having a nochex account.

• 2 months later...
Guest nochex_uk

Hi Tony,

the seller Xtra account which offered the £300 limit for sellers no longer exists.

I've only just realised that the Nochex mod is almost useless :sleep: Nochex has the capability to send back info to the site, much the same as paypal to update orders etc. A HUGE shame that the current mod in no way integrates with this.

I wish I'd known from the start as it means a LOT of wasted hours and a little wasted cash, licensing a more or less useless (at least for our purposes) shopping cart system and stocking it. Silly me presumed that when it said it works with Nochex it would integrate properly :)

If anyone has had one written for them at a reasonable cost I'd love to know. I hate to waste all the work put in so far :)

Oh - and for what it's worth, on request by you to nochex, a new customer can spend £300 at your store without having a nochex account.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Duck n Dive

Key Features of the Seller Account

Receive instant payments up to £100

With a Nochex Seller account you can receive instant card payments of up to £100 per transaction from any non-member of Nochex and £300 a day from any full member. If you need to process individual payments of more than £100 then a Nochex Merchant Account is more likely to suit you.

(Taken from the NoChex site tonight) - is this not what was required?

Guest Duck n Dive

And ... APC system (Automatic payment confirmation)

Automatic Payment Confirmation allows you to integrate your Nochex payments with your website's back-end operations, so you get immediate confirmation and authentication of the Nochex payments you receive. It's very similar to Paypals IPN system. It allows you to:

• Process your customers payments in real-time

• Give immediate feedback to your customer

• Store your Nochex payments in your own database

Is that not of any use to you?

• 1 month later...
Guest Captain Bags

Oh dammit, dammit, dammit. :w00t:

Like others on this thread, I thought the Nochex gateway was integrated just as PayPal is. There is nothing on the CubeCart gateway admin section that says "Nochex is NOT fully integrated with CubeCart. Do NOT waste hours and money obtaining a Nochex merchant account".

So having jumped through the hoops, paid the £50 fee to Nochex blaa blaa we hooked it up today and put through a test transaction to find that it takes the money OK but that's it.

Order is still marked Pending, I presume stock levels have not been reduced etc, test customer got no confirmation email, system did not return to the 'thank you' page etc. etc.

This makes the Nochex gateway absolutely useless.

I strongly advise Develion to remove it from the list of supported gateways in the admin panel. To have it included there is totally misleading and infuriating. This is something I will take up with support.

PayPal is costing us lost sales because it appears to randomly reject card payments from non-account holders. We can retrieve some customers with time-consuming TLC but a back-of-fag-packet calc shows it's going to cost us approx £3.5k in lost sales over the next 12 months, never mind lost repeat orders, angry customers and a much-kicked cat. So we need Nochex or an expensive bank gateway.

I guess this means it's worth commissioning a developer to integrate Nochex properly. Still, I feel this is a cost that Develion should bear.

End of rant.

We are very happy with CC since we set it up over one weekend in Aug 2006. This is the first serious blip we have encountered.

At the time the Nochex module was written they had no call back functionality and thus it is impossible for CubeCart to know if the payment was successful or not.

I have been talking to Simon on the phone from Nochex who has told me that they are writing a new module for us for their brand new payment system due for release any minute. We will make it available as and when possible.

The Nochex module that comes with CubeCart currently does work. It just doesn't support call back. As a result you will have to manually approve orders.

Guest Captain Bags

Brilliant news! :w00t:

Top marks to Devellion and Brooky, who responded within 30 minutes of my email to them, shortly after I ranted in the post above.

Brilliant! I look forward to it :w00t:

In the meantime you can still use nochex and cubecart together but you do need to manually change the status from pending to processing, and then click to send the confirmation email. I think once this is done the customrs cart empties and presumably if you are using stock control that will work as well. (I don't use stock control).

• 2 weeks later...

The Nochex module that comes with CubeCart currently does work. It just doesn't support call back. As a result you will have to manually approve orders.

Sorry to argue but I would disagree totally with that. If the module has no way to find whether a payment is successful or not it does not work. Also Nochex HAS had a callback feature for many years. Not bothering to look for it properly does not mean that it does not, or did not, exist. They have certainly had a fairly easy to use callback sysem for the past 4 years that I've been using them and it existed before I appeared.

As it stands cubecart remains unusable with nochex for any busy site. To say otherwise shows a total lack of understanding of the needs of site owners and e-commerce in general. It is stupidly time consuming and hugely open to fraud, mistakes and general missuse. I still find it VERY misleading that Cubecart claims to work with Nochex when it does anything but. Redirecting somebody to a URL is not even close to being the same as working with a payment system, and for all realistic purposes that is all that Cubecart currently does.

That said it's great to hear that Nochex may finally be integrated properly into Cubecart and finally be useable. Their newer 'merchant' account remains one of the easiest and most cost-effective solutions for many small UK businesses. I genuinely wait with baited breath and offer a huge thanks in advance for finally resolving it.