I feel DUMB... Help Me Guyz

Guest www.Rix-Clothing.com

Hi guyz..

Im a total newbie at this. I have no idea how to upload version 3.10. What is an ftp and which is the best one? How do I get MySQL? Please help me with some links and what ever else I need.

Before you ask,yes i did view the Tutorial video but that didnt help me at all. In fact it just confused the hell out of me.

Thanks

Ricky

Let's begin with some basics.

Do you know the Operating System for the server of your web site host? Is it Windows or Unix? If you don't know the answer to that question, tell us where your web site is hosted so we can look it up.

Hi guyz..

Im a total newbie at this. I have no idea how to upload version 3.10. What is an ftp and which is the best one? How do I get MySQL? Please help me with some links and what ever else I need.

Before you ask,yes i did view the Tutorial video but that didnt help me at all. In fact it just confused the hell out of me.

Thanks

Ricky

Hi guyz..

Thanks

Ricky

I suggest you do hire someone to install CubeCart for you.

Hi guyz..

Thanks

Ricky

Ok, you're using 1&1 for your internet hosting, the server is running Apache (which makes things easier)

I don't think 1&1 have the normal "fantiastico" system, so you will have to install by hand, which isn't too bad.

If you've got time on your hands and want to learn a bit, read up on FTP, mySQL and file permissions.

You will find people will help you here- if you ask the right questions.

FTP isn't that difficult, mySQL is a bit tougher and file permissions are done via FTP, so pretty easy.

There is another thread about using 1&1 with CubeCart: HERE

If you're desparate to get a store online, I recommend you take up Convicts recomendation of hiring someone to install for you.

However, if you want different skins or mods (even free ones), you'll either have to pay for installation, or learn FTP yourself.

Jason

Hi guys..

Im back.. Its taken me ages to tranfser my domain names internaly with 1and1 UK. But its nearly done now. The only question is how do i upload cubecart onto 1 of 5 domains I have. I need a step by step guide because im thick...

Thanx

Rix

1&1 is a good company to run CubeCart with. There is an install manual available in the downloads section. We also provide an installation service for $29.95 which is available from our purchase tab at the top of the page.

Hi guys..

Im back.. Its taken me ages to tranfser my domain names internaly with 1and1 UK. But its nearly done now. The only question is how do i upload cubecart onto 1 of 5 domains I have. I need a step by step guide because im thick...

Look above you on the page you are now reading. See the link that says "search?" Clcik on it and search for "installation."

Also go read the excellent message here

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=12352

contains links to all the most common step-by-step isntructions for various CC issues. Buddy, if I can do these things ANYone can. Take a look at the pix next to my post. That was taken on a *good* day after my teeth had been inserted and my shoe laces tied for me. The old women here in the asylum think I'm the cat's pajamas.

If you still need help, go to www.cubecart.org and chose one of the excellent professionals who do this stuff for ridiculously low prices.

Convict (really should get a less intimidating name) is a talented programmer. Sir Willliam, also on that other forum, is very good. Vrakas is clever. Ansuk knows her stuff. Every one of the pros over on the CC.ORG site have been peer-tested to high standards and before they are allowed to offer their services for sale.

Hope that helps