What to do about Froogle

Guest providencebooks

Guest providencebooks

HI,

I uploaded my froogle feed to their site and got this email. Can someone tell me if this is fixed? Also What is an easy way to put my item pics up with the items?

Here's the email:

Hello,

Good news - the content of your bulk upload has been approved. However, we noticed that there were a few changes you could make to help users find your items:

- Using Froogle attributes (fields)

- Include recommended attribute

-----------------

Using Froogle attributes (fields): We noticed that your bulk upload is using attribute names specified in the old Froogle product feed format. For example, you've included "product_url" as an attribute name, although this attribute is named "link" in the Google Base format. Please convert your product feed to the new Google Base format by changing the attributes names in your header line:

http://base.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=40443

Include recommended attribute: We noticed that you haven't included some relevant attributes in your "Products" bulk upload. The more information you provide, the better we'll be able to match your items to users' queries. We recommend that you include the following attribute: author. For more information about the Google Base bulk upload format and a complete list of attributes, please visit the following link:

http://base.google.com/base/tab_instructions.html

After you've made any changes, please be sure to upload the new version of your bulk upload with the same filename. If you have any questions, or need additional information about these suggestions, do not hesitate to respond to this email.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

So what about this? And those pics? Also does anyone have a step by step guide to get into the search engines better? I have added my url's to Google, so what next. Will someone visit my site to give me suggestions? http://www.providencebooksource.com/cart is the cart and http://www.providencebooksource.com is the main site. Thanks.

Thank you.

providencebooks

• 2 weeks later...

Guest chantesse

I am getting the same error for a feed I supplied a few days ago using cc 3.09 no relevant mods.

Believe a partial workaround might be ot edit the feed file & substitute "product_url" with "link" throughout the file uisng a text editor. Will need to get around to testing this - anyway Froogle is grudgingly accepting the feed for now it seems.

There is probably a fix one could do to the Cubecart script too (but I am not a PHP programmer...).

Any takers?

Guest CaseyC

Sounds good - I'm hoping for a bolt on fix for 3.09 for instance, too!

I am using 3.0.9 also and have uploaded the CC generated feed several times. On the first change from Froogle to Google Base there was a problem with some special characters (the "registered" character, R in a circle, comes to mind). These did produce errors and prevented the feed from being accepted. After fixing this I have had no further problems. I just uploaded again last night with no problems.

I must be blessed. I have never had a problem with Froogle. I know some who have had problems because of mods installed. A client of mine had errors because of a wish list mod. He turned it off until Froogle was finished scanning his site and all was well.

Guest chantesse

I am pretty sure that everyone who was been sailing along happily with Froogle is now going to get nag emails from Google Base (the replacement) about the changes that took place.