Anyone successfully install CC w/Go Daddy Hosting??

Guest UrbanPeddler

Guest UrbanPeddler

Hi all,

Calling all Go Daddy users! I would like to hear from those of you who have successfully installed CC with a Go Daddy account.

And if so WHAT DID YOU DO????

I'm stuck at step 4 (again!!!) and can not get passed it.

ALl what I've been reading is if you're working with Windows and Go Daddy then there's the problem!

Well, I just can not switch to a linux server or change hosting accounts.

All you're advise and help would be really grateful!!! I've been trying to install this program for over a week now, and am stuck in the same place.

I don't want to give Cube Cart a bad name, but geez!! Enough is enough!!

Looking forward to your replies!

-Lori

Guest sound

Why can't you switch hosts, someone here would help you if you decided to.

You should include the problem you're experiencing in your post..

Is it a chmod problem?

Hi all,

Calling all Go Daddy users! I would like to hear from those of you who have successfully installed CC with a Go Daddy account.

ALl what I've been reading is if you're working with Windows and Go Daddy then there's the problem!

All you're advise and help would be really grateful!!! I've been trying to install this program for over a week now, and am stuck in the same place.

-Lori

Guest Brivtech

There seem to be plenty of issues with GoDaddy so i would suggest you change hosts

What issues? It's replies like this that don't actually help at all, so stop it you lot, NOW! What is a problem to someone in the past doesn't mean that it should become a pretext for those sorts of replies. I on the other hand will endeavour to actually try and help! ;)

Lori, you are right, Windows hosting is not set up for php. You will need to switch it to Linux hosting. Their technical support can do this reasonably instantly with a phone call or overnight with an email. If you can't do this, what are the reasons? Also, exactly what problem are you having at Step 4? What are you doing, and what is it telling you?

Guest 2001web

There seem to be plenty of issues with GoDaddy so i would suggest you change hosts

What issues? It's replies like this that don't actually help at all, so stop it you lot, NOW!

Go daddy hosting itself is an issue (and that wasn't intended to be constructive :P ) In their defense though they are very good for domains just not for hosting php scripts. ;)

I think the advice to change host is good advice, you only have to search the web to see that many commercially available scripts struggle with Go daddy hosting.

I would very much doubt that cubecart is the issue here, better that you change to some decent linux hosting at the start and save yourself future headaches. You may just find that installing this on some decent hosting gets rid of your problems ;)

Guest jhillhouse

-Lori

Once again everyone seems to jump on the bandwagon and yell that Go-Daddy is foul. I manage at the moment 4 websites and 3 of which are running CubeCart, all hosted on Go-Daddy. I too initially started out with the same problems. I was frustrated and spent and listened to all of the hype about how Go-Daddy is the problem. What I found is that you just have to have the account in Go-Daddy set up properly and everything runs like a charm.

Once you set up your account with Go-Daddy and it is active (may take a day) you can go back in and change you hosting package to Windows w/ php support. This does not cost anything extra and is easy to do under your account management. That is what I did and it works fine. Of course you will then need to set up your MySQL database in your hosting program after that. I hope that you haven't left Go-Daddy yet, they have good prices. Hope this helps.

Jared H.

http://www.northwashoutfitters.com/store (a Go-Daddy hosted CubeCart store)

Guest UrbanPeddler

Hi everyone,

I've switched over to Linux, so I'm that'll solve the problem. I spoke with the techies at Go-Daddy and that is what they recommended. It's actually FrontPage and windows. SO I've switched over to Linux and will be soon redoing my website with Dreamweaver, so I'm hoping that'll solve the problems, I've encountered.

I thank everyone who actually helped instead of just suggesting that I switch to some other company.

Again, I thank you all and I'll let you know how everything turns out.

-Lori

www.theurbanpeddler.com

Guest UrbanPeddler

Oh I'm doing the Happy dance right now!!!

Linux server corrected the problem!!! Yay!!! ;)

Thanks so much for everyone's patience, while you heard me moan and compain!!!

I'm breathing a sigh of relief and can now move on and hopefully have a VERY successful store!

Wish me all luck!

I will be doing a lot of work to reconfigure and re-do my website, which will need a MAJOR overhaul now!

Again, thanks!

-Lori

www.theurbanpeddler.com

• 1 month later...

Well I currently have linux hosting on godaddy and i'm getting the fopen error that is found other places in this forum and I have copy and pasted my error there. In that thread they said they traced the error down to SELinux issue? Obvoiusly if its working for you guys thats not the issue. What should the permissions on ups.php be? i think its currently 777 on the directory and 644 on the file.