thank you cube cart

Guest dudestore

Guest dudestore

I'm curious to know anyone ever use a web-based FTP client software/script (net2ftp)? I've used it often as well I use CuteFTP.

>>>Merged<<<

Edited by dudestore

Guest Brivtech

Have you considered Filezilla from Mozilla, the people who make Firefox?

I use WS-FTP-Pro, but have used FileZilla after GWizard mentioned it, and it worked quite well.

Also some hosting companies offer web-based FTP programs as part of their Admin Control Panels.

Guest peruprincess

i saw the tutorials on the main page, and OH Wow they are great! I fiddled with osc and zen and no one has those. Thank you so much. What ftp program are you using, I need to get one.

XXOO

Guest peruprincess

i just noticed that my fantasico install has version 3.10, is there a quick way to upgrade to the newest one 3.11? thanks again

i just noticed that my fantasico install has version 3.10, is there a quick way to upgrade to the newest one 3.11? thanks again
I used to have problems with dropped connections that would not restart properly. After I switched to the free 30-day trial version of WS_FTP (http://www.ipswitch.com) the problems went away and never happend again.

Guest peruprincess

i meant that I just noticed a new version is out there, but my cpanel only has 3.10 version not the newest one. How do I update the files?

thank u.

Guest Coder68

My Fantastico shows only 3.0.10 too... who upgrades Fantastico? The ISP, Cubecart or the Fantastico makers?

Thanks!

Coder68

Guest vrakas

@peruprincess

Download the new version from here and upgrade instructions are included.

Coder68

Fantastico is upgraded by that company and by the panel provider, if you want to upgrade then follow the included instructions.

WS-FTP has been on the market for years and is possibly the best on market.

Guest rukiman

for those behind firewalls that do not allow FTP or want the convenience of web based FTP clients.

do a search for "web2ftp" or another one "net2ftp" in google.

with web2ftp, you can upload a zip file, and it will automatically reconstruct the files and the correct paths on your remote ftp. However, I found that occasionally it would fail...I suspected because the number of files were too large. So I broke the zip file down into multiple zip files.

Anyways, a good life saver when you really need it.

Guest vrakas

with web2ftp, you can upload a zip file, and it will automatically reconstruct the files and the correct paths on your remote ftp.

That is a really usefull function :(

You can always upload and then use the control panels file manager to exctract, (but why use 2 things, one is better) ;)

Guest BuymyJewelry

yes I can load it from here, but what happens when a new version comes out?? What do I do then? There is is no easy way for someone like me who knows nada about sql and php to do it. And I cant afford to pay someone EACH time! :(

yes I can load it from here, but what happens when a new version comes out?? What do I do then? There is is no easy way for someone like me who knows nada about sql and php to do it. And I cant afford to pay someone EACH time! :(
No pain; no gain. That's not meant to be flip. I understand your point. There is no easy way for anything worth doing.

On the other hand, to upgrade from one version of CC to the next, you do not need to know anything at all about MySQL and PHP. Upgrading is done by replacing certain files with new ones. Once in a while, you'll encounter the need to replace a portion of a file. But again, you need not know or understand anything about PHP or MySQL. It's just copy and paste.

Yes, there are things you *will* need to know in order to customize your store. You will need to know how to use the previously mentioned FTP tool. You'll want to control the graphics and product photos on your web site, so you'll need to learn how to use an image manipulator such as Adobe's Image Ready or Adobe Photoshop. (does Adobe still sell "Elements?")

In the course of using CC tutorials and reading the postings here in the forums and the advice over in cubecart.org, you'll learn as much as you need to know. Take a look at my photo. If a 73-yr-old klutz can do it, so can you.

Guest chantesse

I am still clinging to Cuteftp but notice that it times out after 5 mins and has to be reconnected. Plus on doing a large download with multiple directories - eg Cubecart entire - it disconnects halfway.

So in that case I used IE 6.0's ftp functionality - it never seems to need reconnecting and it copied the whole of Cubecart to my site without missing a file.

But Cuteftp still very handy for changing File Permisions and doing 'instant edits'.

Guest dudestore

I am still clinging to Cuteftp but notice that it times out after 5 mins and has to be reconnected. Plus on doing a large download with multiple directories - eg Cubecart entire - it disconnects halfway.

So in that case I used IE 6.0's ftp functionality - it never seems to need reconnecting and it copied the whole of Cubecart to my site without missing a file.

But Cuteftp still very handy for changing File Permisions and doing 'instant edits'.

Older verison of CuteFTP used to repeatly disconnects every mins (up to 5mins) but now the newest verison doesn't do that anymore. Its faster and does not disconnects (except when computer slow or whatever).