Contact Us Form

Guest peruprincess

Guest peruprincess

Why wouldnt cubecart programmers put a basic Contact Us Form in the package. Why o Why! Seems like so many BASIC things are missing. I think there should be FREEE MOD for contact us form! Its crazy that we have to buy a Mod for this.

Guest vrakas

You may have a point but am sure you can find a few contact forms in the internet that are free to use :w00t:

It might be included in the new CC release :)

Guest vrakas

The new CC3.10 is under developement, we are all waiting for it to be released :)

I only know a few of the features that will be inluded and i can only say its going to be fantastic :w00t:

PS: You are welcome to read this post and if it is has not allready been posted then you can add your suggestion :)

Guest peruprincess

Personally, I think you guys should have more and better mods than Zencart. They offer all this stuff for free. Cube is great software, but honestly It is gettting expensive. All the stuff I need is costing 20 or more.

Why wouldnt cubecart programmers put a basic Contact Us Form in the package. Why o Why! Seems like so many BASIC things are missing. I think there should be FREEE MOD for contact us form! Its crazy that we have to buy a Mod for this.

I will post in the .org forum about this */*

Edited by Hrod

I'm both a user of CubeCart and a builder/seller of CubeCart mods. What I can't seem to get over is that people out there honestly think that they can go into business and make money with NO investment. I have both time and money in my stores to make them what I want them to be. In this world, you get what you pay for.

It boggles my mind that people think paying a FEW dollars is just so horrible. Have they ever priced commercial eCommerce solutions? They are VERY expensive. It's not uncommon to spend $3000-10000+ for a customized solution. Yet you get to pay $70 here for CC, and maybe that or a bit more for the mods you want. That's what....$180-250 somewhere? That's just incredibly cheap if you plan on making money with it.

[/soapbox-mode]

*/*

SIR WILLIAM, THIS IS AFTERALL A COPY OF THE FREE OSCOMMERCE. :)

I beg your pardon but CubeCart IS NOT a copy of oscommerce */*

I confirm !

I gave up oscommerce for cubecart… with satisfaction.

the things are similar, but different.

And, fortunate coincidence ? all function with Cubecart.

It was not the case with osCommerce creload 6.12 which I used before.

Guest missy

Miss Princess,

I hope you don't take this as me being mean, but I see your frustration here and on the Bluehost forums and well maybe you just dont realize it but -- you catch more flies with honey ... or bees or something like that, but I hope you catch my drift. And remember it, it could serve you well. I see from your postings that you want everything and you want it now and you want it free. Relax, it doesn't work that way. You are either going to have to be patient, pay, or learn to do it yourself.

And if you really demand it right now and for free, you could always do a mailto link. It fits your order of quick easy and free.

I'm new to setting up CC, I am thrilled with it and so happy that when I've asked incredibly stupidly obvious questions, no one here has ripped me apart. The kindness and helpfulness and the timeliness of the help on CC forums is a rarity. There's a lot of useful info here if you dig through the forums and watch the tutorials and check out the offerings on the .org site, but it takes a little patience. I'm happy to pay for a mod or two rather than dig through 10 billion files in other free carts.

And Bluehost is helpful too, they've already explained to you how to get your contact form if you go back and check your post there.

Guest vrakas

@peruprincess

i think you are pushing things a bit by stating something that is not close to reality :)

Am sorry to say that this only shows that you do not know any/either of the products you are mentioning :)

I did accept your comment about the contact form and did reply to it, i see no need to continue this thread this way */*

Guest peruprincess

goodness gracious. I didnt mean to **** anyone off. */* I wish the other threads has this many responses. :)

Watch your language please
Edited by peruprincess

One thing I wish to spell out!

CUBECART HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OSCOMMERCE. NEVER HAS, NEVER WILL!!

No code is the same, the features are not the same, it has been written with a completely different approach and model behind it. OSCommerce had very little influence in CubeCart development aside from the fact I wanted it to be far easier to get up and running. I cannot deny I was familiar with it and there may have been subconscious influence. CubeCart was never intended to be a copy. The biggest influences was Invision Power Board which is not even in the same (well close) market.

- OK that's out the way now... to more important issues.

Sir William has hit the nail on the head as much of the other comments but I don't feel it applies to all.

Now I have to be slightly careful...

Serious Ecommerce Stores:

Serious stores need sensible investment. Normally you reap what you sow. Good quality hosting and importantly, planning including short term and long term goals and marketing are important starting points. $7.99 a month hosting is often insecure and unreliable. If possible get a dedicated server. I always urge CubeCart users to spend time customising the look, feel and features either themselves or by hiring a developer to do this including custom coding if they desire.

Home "Supplementary" Businesses

CubeCart is perfect as a starting block for any online store. Whether you sell hand made goods from home for a little vacation cash or to eventually put a child through university for example. You can then expand and grow you store into an all singing and dancing "Serious Ecommerce Store" as you progress.

I will never deny the fact that CubeCart is still in its infancy and I/we are working extremely hard supporting current customers and developing the product into an extremely serious software (it's not far off). This is complimented by the help from wonderful peer to peer contributions and support. This is something we should all be extremely grateful for and praise and thank those who contribute. If people want to make a buck for contributions so be it. :)

In conclusion CubeCart is a very good starting point for most ecommerce stores and it can be taken as far as you wish. The numbers of store running CubeCart is evident it works. Some stores gain high turnovers with little customization and effort with design and modification. On the other hand there are stores which have had lots of investment in mods and skins which fail miserably. At the end of the day success comes from planning your store from day one. Then work on appropriate features, design and business plan etc (not necessarily in that order).

Remember.. chocolate teapots sold in a store with a blue background and red text WON'T WORK!!!! */*

Actually I'd probably buy one...

Guest tbladecki

Can't we all just get along????

I have to agree with SW and Al... I have had buisnesses since I was 15 and in all the years, the one thing that has ALWAYS remained true is:

"IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY", now this applies to my current online stores as well. Althought i am new to the ecommerce world, i still have still learned the same is true.... in order to succeed you have to invest money, not only in advertising and marketing, but it does not do you any good if your "store" is not user freindly and easy for people to buy the items they are looking for.

CC is a very good and user friendly cart... ohh and free. That does not happen to offten, but in order to make it work you need several things:

1 - Invest in things that make you money

2 - Advertise and market and the most inportant;

Software Support ie (CC fourms, other users, programmers etc.) and if it cost a little bit of money well.... GET OVER IT.

If you want to make it in this electronis world... you have to pry open your wallet and cough up a little dough!

Well enoght with my 2 cents....

CC IS THE BEST CART OUT THERE BOTH FOR THE END USER AND THE PROGRAMMERS NEED TO MAKE CHANGES ... SO EVERYONE PLAY NICE AND STOP BEING SO CHEAP..

PS if you find somwhere that i can "have the cake and eat it too" let me know i like freebies...

If you open a bricks and mortar store, you must either own the building, or rent it. To prepare your store for business, you must invest many hours in learning store layout and design - or pay someone who has spent years in school and low-paid apprenticeship learning that specialized skill. Likewise, you need electricians, plumbers, and so on - or, again, invest in learning and doing it yourself.

CC is not issued as what is commonly called Open Source - a type of copyright - but the files are open and there are no secrets. You are free to modify everything and anything you want (other than the copyright notice) - assuming you have invested in the skills required - or you can hire someone to do it for you.

In those circumstances, the issue comes down to what is a person's skill and labor worth?

If you want skilled work, you pay what it is worth.

There are those who know the price of everything yet understand the value of nothing.

All my domains and my client's domains are hosted with Bluehost. The CGI center in your control panel at Bluehost has Bluemail that you are free to use as a contact form. I have used it many times and it works very, very well.

Guest vrakas

I think its time to close this thread, started with a contact form and ended with getting one for free LOL :)

Well at least anyone can read this and know what CC is all about */*

Thread closed.