Getting Cart detaiuls into Protx Notification e-mail`

Mike MacKechnie

Hi people,

I am currently running a cubecart shop with Protx Form to process the payments. We are currently running in test mode and have not moved to go live yet....

Has anybody figured out how to get cart details into the Notification e-mails that Protx sends to the customer and to the Cubecart administrator?

I realise that the Cart number is available in the Protx e-mails (although curiously it's only there in the html version - if you use plain text you don't even get the cart number), but my client's life would be a lot easier if he could see the contents of the cart in the e-mail before he goes to the admin panel to prepare the order for dispatching.

The way I see it, at the moment all he has is the cart number and the amount paid to match against his list of current orders. With the volume of orders he is expecting to handle, this could be a significant overhead for him unless there is a quicker way of doing things.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guest EverythingWeb

Okay, when using Protx form, Protx sends an email out to Customers (Don't know whether you can turn this off) and the Cubecart *should* send out an email also. One to the customer, one to the administrator.

As Protx is only passed a shopping cart reference and various totals, it is not possible to get the cart contents into the Protx email, however they should be in the normal CC Admin email.

Are you getting these?

Okay, when using Protx form, Protx sends an email out to Customers (Don't know whether you can turn this off) and the Cubecart *should* send out an email also. One to the customer, one to the administrator.

As Protx is only passed a shopping cart reference and various totals, it is not possible to get the cart contents into the Protx email, however they should be in the normal CC Admin email.

Are you getting these?

We are getting the Protx e-mails ([email protected]) no problem, but we are not getting anything from Cubecart.

It sounds like this is what we need.

How do we make our system send Cubecart e-mails?

What version of CubeCart are you running, being as the Protx module was updated in 3.0.12?

Right, I'm running 3.0.11 at the moment, planning to upgrade to 12 sometime soon.

Anyway I've ---ALMOST--- fixed the problem by changing the Mail Sending Method to mail() in the admin general settings. I am now getting an e-mail from the Cubecart Store as well as from Protx.

The only problem is that the e-mail from the store is in plain text format and has absolutley no formatting, so that it lands in my Outlook inbox looking like this:

Dear Mr Mike MacKechnie, Thank you for your order no: 060821-001048-2429 placed on Aug 21 2006, 00:10 AM The transaction was successful and we will ship your goods at the first possible opportunity (if applicable). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Name: Mr Mike MacKechnie Subtotal: £11.99 Postage & Packaging: £1.00 Tax: £0.00 Grand Total: £12.99 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Invoice Address: Mr Mike MacKechnie 9 Nxxxx Wxx Pxxxx Bxxxxx Bxxx xx41 8xx United Kingdom Shipping Address: Mr Mike MacKechnie 9 Nxxxx Wxx Pxxxx Bxxxxx Bxxx xx41 8xx United Kingdom Payment Method: Protx Shipping Method: Royal Mail

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Order Inventory:

Product: Mostly Autumn - Storms Over Still Water

Quantity: 1 Product Code: AUT1770 Price: £11.99

Why is the email looking like this? I presume it's something I've set wrongly or haven't set at all....

• 1 year later...
Guest chantesse

The email we get is like this - can't remember if this level of detail is due to free a mod we added or was it as standard?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear CubeCart Store Administrator,

New Order Number: 070822-151421-9922 placed on Aug 22 2007, 15:14 PM

Name: Miss XYZ

E-Mail: [email protected]

Subtotal: £84.40

Postage & Packaging: £6.90

Tax: £0.00

Grand Total: £91.30

Invoice Address:

Miss XYZ

The Barn

Horsham

West Sussex

RH13 XCX

United Kingdom

Payment Method: PayPal

Shipping Method: £6.90

Order Inventory:

Product: E007 - Apricot Crepe Evening Bag

Quantity: 3

Product Code: E007 apricot

Price: £19.50

Product: E007 - Grey Crepe Evening Bag

Product Code: E007 - grey

Product: E007 - White Crepe Evening Bag

Product Code: E007 - white

...etc

About Protx - has anyone got the Protx gateway working so that a successful payment by the customer will set the Order Status to Completed (like the PayPal interface is able to do)?

• 5 weeks later...

Protx sends two emails, on to a vendor (if email is passed over) and a customer email (again if an email address is passed), which with CCv3 both these emails do get passed across.

As for a list of order items, these aren't passed 'out of the box'. However, it should be possible to pass these details (I'm still working on the 'how', but it will involve some coding work) across to Protx.

This will give you a list of the items in the customer email from Protx. I'm not sure if it affects the email sent to the vendor from Protx, but it will certainly work for the email sent to the customer.

*Update : 26 September 2007 @ 11:14*

I haven't got things working fully as yet (time constraints), initial tests suggest that having passed across the basket details to Protx, they will appear in both the emails sent to the vendor *and* the customer from Protx.