The package cost?

Guest birdfood

Can anyone tell me if the cost of cubecart softwear is a one off fee or is it an anual or monthly fee.

Its a one-off fee.

You can run a store without licencing- but this will mean keeping the copyright messages on the page title and footer.

I'd recommend getting your store up and running, and once you're happy with CubeCart, then pay the small reg fee which will automatically remove the copyright messages.

Jason

Guest Brivtech

It's free, if you're happy to keep the copyrights

If you go for a licensed copy, you get technical support thrown in, and you can remove the copyrights - That's a one-off fee, although in the distant future if there is a significant upgrade, a small fee could be required to keep with the programme.

Hmm! Just about to take the plunge and having a read through first. Tried others including Interchange, OS, Zen and leaned toward Cube.

The benefit is an invisible one to removing the copyright and getting the 'extra'support to the customer but the copyright being there is a very visable thing to them too. Well worth having the professional image.

All that was a long winded way of saying agree - the only concern there was with the above post - should the upgrade /charge path be on the cards then will the existing installation be effected or would it be a whole new install with all existing work preserved.

I know a biggy for a small fee :blink: sorry about that.

should the upgrade /charge path be on the cards then will the existing installation be effected or would it be a whole new install with all existing work preserved.

if i got the question correct, yes you can change the path to the installation later without loosing any data :blink:

Nope - you got it wrong, if the installation is updated with a 'new & improved' version would all te modifications/customisation be lost or would it be staged to allow just the functionality to be improved without loosing other work already done.

Guest birdfood

:D thanks all, I have now purchased the licence key removal, the main reason for asking this question is that I have had my fingers burnt with my current website which is now costing my over £350.00 per month ;) So I am having to rebuild the website all over again but this time I need full control from start to finish.

Guest birdfood

Yes this is correct £350.00 per month, and that is after I had canceled the SEO and a pilot site? one week last month I received a bill for over £1200.00 for one months hosting but this turned out to be incorrect and was only £280.00 :D so as you can see I have been taken for a ride by this company. This is why I asked if the cost was forever as I needed to have this confermed as it looked to good to be true as on past exprence this $69 could have been weekly ;)