Got a new one for you

Whenever i try to change the general settings in admin ie torn store sale off i get an error message that says

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /admin/settings/index.php could not be found on this server.

Even if i try the config tool i get the same but with different path everything else works ok in store its just seems to be the config table. I can view it in phpmyadmin

• 6 months later...
Guest breenster

Hello I was getting the same error message when I tried to make adjustments to my product options:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resourc

and made adjustment suggested in the link up top of pasting this in the .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

Seems to work fine now - my question is, is there any reason why this is not a good idea? does it make the site less secure or anything turning off the Modsecurity? I'm just not that familiar with the process and wanted to make sure I was not doing somthing that I should not

thanks for any help.

I had this same error on certain admin pages several months ago with one of my hosts; reported the prob to them and they made adjustments server side that cleared it right up.

Funny thing about it - after they had made the tweaks that caused this error for me (something to do with the mod_security setup), their own perl helpdesk quit working - I got the same error trying to report the problem at their own helpdesk :errm:;) :)