Retrieving Admin Password....

Guest braveheart

Guest braveheart

I forgot my password for the admin area. When i click on request my password to be sent to my email account- it does not work.

I looked up to see if there is a solution, and found one, but noeally understand or can not seem to get it to work...

IVE MADE COMMENTS ON HOW I GOT ON...

///

If you have managed to forget your admin password and for some reason you cannot get the "Reset Password" function to work please follow this process:

1. Access your database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin and browser the table CubeCart_admin_users. It should contain the list of administrator accounts to access the admin interface of your store. DONE!!!!!

2. We need to now create a file to show us what the md5 hash of the password you require should be. DONE!!!

Using notepad make a file with content:

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

DONE!!!!!

3. Replace password with your desired password. ?????????? DO I PUT A NEW PASSWORD IN THE CODING????

4. Save this file as md5.php and upload it to your webserver. DONE!!!!!

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output. ???????? DONT UNDERSTAND ???????

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field. ???????? DONT UNDERSTAND ???????

If done successfully then you should now be able to access the admin interface of your store.

///

I might be way off here but I've never had this problem with Cube Cart before, but I had the same problem with my Zen Cart.. Heres what I did in the Zen,, so take it for what its worth but it might be your answer;

in PHP MyAdmin

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

the password is coded if I remember, but thats your current password, as I follow the rest of the question there saying to edit the the old pass to a new one that you cant forget (easy for them to say), then refresh PHPMyAdmin, that should produce an output of the new pass,(that will update your DB) then use the new pass to access your admin.

Thats all I ever had to do with my ZenCart.. since its all on the DB I'm guessing it should work the same since your working with PHPMyAdmin and not the cart.

I hope this helps you :sourcerer:

Well, two things: First, in most cases, those instructions require more steps than necessary; second thing is that you have almost got this done.

I will answer your question about the instructions first, then give you an easier way it might be done.

3. Replace password with your desired password. ?????????? DO I PUT A NEW PASSWORD IN THE CODING????

Yes, what you are aiming to do is encrypt a new password for the DB, in these instructions - so you need to put your new chosen password in the coding in place of "password" but retain the quotes.

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output. ???????? DONT UNDERSTAND ???????

This means you navigate to the file you uploaded, using your web browser. It might be at yourSite.com/md5.php so in your browser go to http://www.yourSite.com/md5.php

When you do this, you will get an encoded output in the browser window.

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field. ???????? DONT UNDERSTAND ???????

Well, when you browse the admin users table, you will see the same kind of coded password already at the admin account you are attempting to use. What you would do is go into edit mode, replace the encoded old password with the encoded new password you copied from your browser, then save changes. To edit a db field, you usually use a little icon that looks like a pencil :wacko:

Now for the easy way

You ususally do not need to perform all these gymnastics, instead, browse the database and find the admin user you need to change; go into edit mode (the little pencil icon) and highlight the old password (it's encoded), then type in your new password. There will be a drop-down near the field you edited; choose md5 in that dropdown, then save changes.

Now you have a new password set.